JayVee

Tigers new BP caps

still can't figure out why people would be offended by a sports team being named after them, but I guess I won't know how to take it for sure until the expansion Las Vegas Boring White Guys start playing

Think it's true? If so, I could see many people finding them objectionable.

Paul Lukas reported on it in one of his UniWatch articles, so I'd have to think it's really what they plan to wear.

So.....should Southerners be offended by the "Yankees" team name...or should "Little People" be offended by the "Giants" team name? How about non "believers" and the "Angels" and "Padres" team names? Enquiring/Inquiring minds want to know.

So.....should Southerners be offended by the "Yankees" team name...or should "Little People" be offended by the "Giants" team name? How about non "believers" and the "Angels" and "Padres" team names? Enquiring/Inquiring minds want to know.

Has anyone ever been offended by those names?

haha. I don't think the braves cap its that big of a deal. Only people offended imo are small minded. Its 2012 almost 2013. It's a picture, there are worse things out there in the world.

If the new batting practice hats help the team's hitting, then I'm all for them. If they don't, then I guess I don't have a preference. Hooray for merchandising and marketing, though!

Has anyone ever been offended by those names?

Uh ...No....that's the point.

Edited by john doe

haha. I don't think the braves cap its that big of a deal. Only people offended imo are small minded. Its 2012 almost 2013. It's a picture, there are worse things out there in the world.

You may think it's not a big deal, but it's ignorant to call the people who get offended 'small minded'. Read a history book. The people and families who get offended are often extremely open minded, and have a great reason, like direct family ties, to not want a baseball team being represented by a cartoon head of their ancestors wielding a tomahawk.

You may think it's not a big deal, but it's ignorant to call the people who get offended 'small minded'. Read a history book. The people and families who get offended are often extremely open minded, and have a great reason, like direct family ties, to not want a baseball team being represented by a cartoon head of their ancestors wielding a tomahawk.

hmmmmmm.......not seeing the tomahawk u speak of

That's the problem YOU automatically associate it with something bad, you turn it into braves are savages. In the logo looks happy to me. Why can't you use this as a way to celebrate and remember a great culture.

That's the problem YOU automatically associate it with something bad, you turn it into braves are savages. In the logo looks happy to me. Why can't you use this as a way to celebrate and remember a great culture.

There's no tomahawk in the cleveland hat, but it's in the braves logo. Look, I'm not coming down on any side of this debate.

I have friends who are Native American and find it very uncomfortable when their great culture is turned into a macot. You don't think that's a wish to be respected, or at least not label that line of thinking as 'small minded'?

I like the Tigers bp hats. I even like the Indians hat. I think the big screaming head is very cool. These teams are allowed to do whatever they want, and as long as its still culturally acceptable they should use the heck outta their mascot.

I like them. They're just ST/BP hats anyway, not that drastic of a move.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the home ones will look somewhat like these, from what I'm interpreting..

a20792912a793509ce52b9_m.JPG