Jonesy

Lomas Brown

Did anyone else listen to The SVP show on ESPN radio today and hear Lomas tell the story about purposly not blocking for Scott Mitchell in a game Against the Packers? If not I suggest you go look up the interview at espn. It might be the funniest thing ive ever heard.

Did anyone else listen to The SVP show on ESPN radio today and hear Lomas tell the story about purposly not blocking for Scott Mitchell in a game Against the Packers? If not I suggest you go look up the interview at espn. It might be the funniest thing ive ever heard.

Classic Lions. What can you say?

I am sorry if you don't like a guy. Your job is to protect him and if you don't you are a worthless prick. Wonder why that team never fully reached it's potential. This is the Lion way.....

I am sorry if you don't like a guy. Your job is to protect him and if you don't you are a worthless prick. Wonder why that team never fully reached it's potential. This is the Lion way.....

We'll, it was because Mitchell was really stinking up the joint in that game. It wasn't just because he didn't like Mitchell. But I do agree... you need to protect your QB, even if you're not a fan.

Lomas is the guy who immediatey-immediately!, after getting spanked by the Eagles in the playoffs made sure to run out to Dennis Green at mid field after the game to remind him he was a FA and to not forget about him.

Lomas is the guy who immediatey-immediately!, after getting spanked by the Eagles in the playoffs made sure to run out to Dennis Green at mid field after the game to remind him he was a FA and to not forget about him.

Yeah - Lomas wanted out pretty bad. He probably wasn't alone in that sentiment.

I don't find anything about this remotely funny. What an absolute turd of a person.

Me neither. He's talking about Scott Mitchell not being on his Christmas card list. Like he wants one. Say what you want about Mitchell and his deficiencies, but to not block for your quarterback and be proud he suffered an injury - what a gutless turd Lomas is.

My opinion of him went down about 1,000,000 points below Titus Young after hearing that interview. What a jerk.

Lomas is a punk....if a little ***** like him was a "team leader", that should be seen as the final indication of just how weak and dysfunctional the Lions of the 90's were.

...Does ESPN really want someone working ..writing crap like the worst whinny idiot 10-year old you could imagine.

Yeah, pretty much.

Well, he actually has talked himself out of ANY chance of getting into the Hall Of Fame, he was borderline, but not now. He's an idiot. I wash my hands of that guy. No Mitchell fan here, but you can't do that to a teammate.

Here's a story on the Freep about Mitchell's response on Brown's claims.

He expresses his fair opinion without jumping in the trash with Brown.

Scott Mitchell: Ex-Lions teammate Lomas Brown is 'reprehensible' | Detroit Lions | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Mitchell is certainly within his rights in everything he said there, but on the other hand, QBs get tackled all the time, OLs whiff even when they are doing their best and DLs nail QBs. So the fact that it happened once by design instead of accident in reality shouldn't have had all that much impact on Scott Mitchell's overall chances of staying healthy as a QB. If he ended up hurt on the play it really was more a matter of random chance.

So while I don't argue with what Mitchell said, I'd have rather Mitchell just blew him off with a shot like "I could never tell when they were blocking or not anyway..."

So while I don't argue with what Mitchell said, I'd have rather Mitchell just blew him off with a shot like "I could never tell when they were blocking or not anyway..."

Even better would be, "I could never tell when Lomas was blocking or not anyway..." No need to drag the guys who didn't purposely whiff into it. But yeah, that would've been a great reply.

Lomas Brown is now the poster child for Lionitis, a condition affecting all members of the Lions organization, which eventually turns them into losers, and in some rare cases, scumbags like Lomas Brown.

He regrets the action now? He didn't regret it a week ago.

What probably happened was he did do something like this, but it wasn't the specific play that he suggested it was. It may have been that exact game, but not the play he was hurt. The link above - it's hard to say he "took those plays off" on the play(s) in question.