DL Fluellen, Andre - Agreed to one-year deal with Chicago Bears

OL Gandy, Dylan - Re-signed by Lions , 1-year

K Hanson, Jason - retired

P Harris, Nick

TE Heller, Will

DT Hill, Sammie - Signed by Tennessee Titans

T Hilliard, Corey - Re-signed by Lions, 2-year contract

CB Houston, Chris Re-signed by Lions, reported for 5-years

DE Jackson, Lawrence - Signed with Minnesota Vikings !

CB Lacey, Jacob - Signed by Minnesota Vikings

CB Lee, Pat

OLB Levy, DeAndre - Re-signed by Lions , three-year contract

KR Logan, Stefan

LS Muhlbach, Don - Re-signed by the Lions, 1-year

WR Osgood, Kasim - Agreed to terms, one-year with Lions.

LB Palmer, Ashley - Re-signed by Lions

RB Smith, Kevin

DT Williams, Cory

Restricted

RB Bell , Joique - Tendered a contract

DB Carey, Don- Re-signed by Lions

WR Durham, Kris - Re-signed by Lions.

T Fox, Jason - Tendered a contract

S Silva, Ricardo - Re-signed by Lions.

S Spievey, Amari - Re-signed by Lions

DE Young, Willie - Tendered a contract

Edited by Scottish caveman

DE Avril, Cliff: BYE

T Cherilus, Gosder: BYE

S Delmas, Louis: Stay

OLB Durant, Justin: Stay

CB Florence, Drayton: Bye

OL Gandy, Dylan: Bye

K Hanson, Jason: Will never leave

P Harris, Nick: Who cares?

TE Heller, Will: Bye

DT Hill, Sammie: Might be too expensive

CB Houston, Chris: Stay

DE Jackson, Lawrence: Stay

CB Lacey, Jacob: Bye

CB Lee, Pat: who?

OLB Levy, DeAndre: Will probably be back

KR Logan, Stefan: Bye

LS Muhlbach, Don: who cares?

WR Osgood, Kasim: Bye

LB Palmer, Ashley: Bye

RB Smith, Kevin: Bye

DT Williams, Cory: Will probably be too expensive

Restricted

RB Bell , Joique: Stay

DB Carey, Don" Bye

WR Durham, Kris: Bye

T Fox, Jason: Probably bye

S Silva, Ricardo: Bye

S Spievey, Amari: Bye

DE Young, Willie: Stay

Restricted

DB Carey, Don" Bye

Agree with all of these. I might take a took at Gosder depending on the terms. PFF has him rated out as an average all-around tackle and those can be tough to find. There really isn't a natural replacement on the roster either unless you give Backus another year and play Reiff there. That said, it wouldn't break my heart by any means if they let him go.

I agree with that assestment as well,but they better re-sign at least one of the two DT's. Preferably Sammie when factoring in age

It will be interesting to see what Delmas gets. He's had one really good stretch of games, but he has been hurt all season and when he played he wasn't the same player he was last year. Have injuries killed his career? Or can he return to being Bob Sanders 2.0?

I suspect they'll resign or franchise him.

If someone wants to sign Avril, please, go right ahead. The Lions were smart not to sign him to a long term deal and, conversely, Avril was not smart to not take the Lions offer. I would be surprised if he got a better deal on the open market. But stranger things have happened.

Their two outside linebackers are both free agents. Neither one is that impressive but what's the alternative? Are they going to count on internal improvement from last year's draft picks? Bring back tired old Ashlee Palmer? Draft Te'o and stick him outside for a season until they cut Tulloch after next year?

Hey, the corpse of Brian Urlacher will be available...he cant be any worse than Levy/Durant.

And really, how much money do the Lions really have to spend? Not a lot. Of course, it will be more after they cut Vandenbosch and put him out of his misery.

It will be interesting to see what Delmas gets. He's had one really good stretch of games, but he has been hurt all season and when he played he wasn't the same player he was last year. Have injuries killed his career? Or can he return to being Bob Sanders 2.0?

I suspect they'll resign or franchise him.

If someone wants to sign Avril, please, go right ahead. The Lions were smart not to sign him to a long term deal and, conversely, Avril was not smart to not take the Lions offer. I would be surprised if he got a better deal on the open market. But stranger things have happened.

Their two outside linebackers are both free agents. Neither one is that impressive but what's the alternative? Are they going to count on internal improvement from last year's draft picks? Bring back tired old Ashlee Palmer? Draft Te'o and stick him outside for a season until they cut Tulloch after next year?

Hey, the corpse of Brian Urlacher will be available...he cant be any worse than Levy/Durant.

And really, how much money do the Lions really have to spend? Not a lot. Of course, it will be more after they cut Vandenbosch and put him out of his misery.

They're going to have to give Stafford a new deal in order to create some space. His cap hit jumps up to $20 million next season.

I would let Delmas go at this point. Can't stay healthy and hasn't played that well when healthy this year. Save the money and find someone else. Avril can walk after turning down 10 million a year, he's a fool. Goodbye Corey Williams. I would try to resign Houston if it's reasonable. Can probably bring Jackson back cheap and maybe Hill. No reason to bring back Cherilus when you have Reiff to take his spot. Bring back one of Levy and Durant, not both.

They are so stuck due to the contracts they have with CJ, Stafford, and Suh and the raises two of those will bring in the next couple of years. They absolutely must have a great draft this year and bring in two or three good young players to help right away. Unless there is a no brainer at the cornerback or saftey spot, I want Teo with our first pick. Means they don't have to resign Levy or Durant and he takes over for Tulloch once his contract runs out. Obviously this could change by April but he would be a great piece.

If Cherilus leaves, the Lions would probably have to keep Fox.

Another thread was started about Jake Long. I am probably dreaming, but Jake Long would be great for the Lions.

Unless there is a no brainer at the cornerback or saftey spot, I want Teo with our first pick. Means they don't have to resign Levy or Durant and he takes over for Tulloch once his contract runs out. Obviously this could change by April but he would be a great piece.

2013 NFL draft - Jarvis Jones holds his top spot on the Big Board - ESPN

This is what Mel Kiper wrote about Te'o:

The Bama game will be a showcase, but Te'o's reel is already full. Has exceptional instincts, a ton of experience and the ability to read the game. Can attack the backfield. Te'o is a big, strong, prepared tackling presence in the middle of the field. With off-the-charts intangibles, he is the future leader of an NFL defense.

The thing I like about him is what I bolded. The Lions seem to be missing a true leader on defense.

Only if the price is right here. He's great when he's on the field, but he just can't seem to stay there.

Depends on how much he wants. With as bad as our secondary is, if we can get him relatively cheap, do it.

Hopefully no one looks at him as a potential starter and we can keep him for backup money.

I'd like to keep Palmer if possible for a good price. He's good on special teams and provides depth at a position were we need it.

Restricted

DB Carey, Don" Bye

He's doing to stay, if only on the Practise squad. Too close to Stafford.

Other then were indicated, I agree with you for the most part.

Gotta keep Houston,Cherilus and probably Avril(11 sack guys don't fall off trees and its arguably the most important position on our defense).

Prefer to keep Delmas, but only on a short incentive laden deal. If he gets a big offer, bye.

Levy can walk, Durant can stay as a 2 down SLB if its cheap.

Jackson I'd like back for backup money. Same for Hill to some degree, but if you are going to play Suh at DE more and rotate DL a lot, you can pay him low level starter money.

Williams,KVB and Backus should be cut for cap room

Pay Hanson, period

Pay Hanson, period

Many years ago I read something about the Lions actually paying their kickers more than the average around the league. That was supposedly why they have been able to acquire and retain good kickers.

Delmas will probably get franchised for 6 million, which is a good deal to me since they will only be commited to one year and get to see if he can get healthy. The Lions are likely to lose quite a bit this year, and last year's draft class (especially the two LB's) were in preparation for that. That should mean the Lions should get quite a few comp picks next year, also. Comp picks are a good way of getting decent talent cheaply.

Delmas will probably get franchised for 6 million, which is a good deal to me since they will only be commited to one year and get to see if he can get healthy. The Lions are likely to lose quite a bit this year, and last year's draft class (especially the two LB's) were in preparation for that. That should mean the Lions should get quite a few comp picks next year, also. Comp picks are a good way of getting decent talent cheaply.

That makes sense. I'd be ok with it.

I hope they make an effort on Chris Houston, even with the three CB's theys drafted last year, otherwise the Compensation picks for 2014 are a nice option for a roster that may need replenishing .

I hope they make an effort on Chris Houston, even with the three CB's theys drafted last year, otherwise the Compensation picks for 2014 are a nice option for a roster that may need replenishing .

Yeah, they have to go after Houston. It's not saying much, but he's the best corner we've had in a long time.

Is there enough space to franchise Delmas. I realize the Lions will rework some contracts, but thats a huge cap hit and they are really up against the wall.

Is there enough space to franchise Delmas. I realize the Lions will rework some contracts, but thats a huge cap hit and they are really up against the wall.

I hope he walks. I am sick of the guy never being healthy. They shouldn't be foolish and rely on him again.

All this says to me is that the Lions are in trouble going forward. This is their team and they have no way to add to it other than the draft. All the apparent depth they had is going to leave because they have all their money tied up in Suh, Stafford, and Johnson.

They'll need internal improvements to get better next season.

That being said, most NFL teams have similar issues. To me, the Lions real issues are with execution and (this year) bad luck. They were lucky last year and went 10-6. Unlucky this year and they're 6-10 (at best). A couple bounces and some consistency and they could easily be 10-6 again next year.

The real question is whether they can achieve that consistency under Schwartz. I think that the Lions' rise from terrible to decent means he deserves at least one more year to find out.

If the Lions lose out(no one should lose to Arizona right now), Schwartz deserves to be canned, but as others have said, he probably gets at least one more season.

Comp picks so they can draft two more running backs, a tight end and another wide receiver?

Those are definite need areas, especially receiver.

If the Lions lose out(no one should lose to Arizona right now), Schwartz deserves to be canned, but as others have said, he probably gets at least one more season.

Why do these games even matter? Schwartz is the right coach, but there has to be some changes. Season is over, man.