ballmich

Black Friday Gun Sales Hit New Record High

This is an infowars article, if that's not your flavor, they link to other sources in the article.

Black Friday gun sales hit an all time record high last week with demand for new firearms so overwhelming that it caused outages at the FBI background check center on two separate occasions.

Fueled by fears that the Obama administration will go after gun rights during a lame duck term, the FBI reported 154,873 background check requests on Friday – a 20 per cent increase on last year’s record total of 129,166 checks.

The number of guns sold could actually be double or more that figure because only one background check is recorded per sale even if buyers purchase multiple firearms.

» Black Friday Gun Sales Hit New Record High Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

I didn't go out on black friday this year, but I have noted that the price of some ammo that I have been watching since pre-election is up over 25% in less than a month.

I've also noted in watching the circulars, that the sales on firearms this black friday and cyber monday were not very good. That probably differs by retailer, but I certainly wasn't impressed.

Had a chance to sell my AK for $650 and my HiPoint 9mm carbine for $400. Considering the HiPoint as I only spent $125.

The democrats don't give a crap about guns right now. Lots of misinformed gun buyers if they think that Obama is going to take them away.

The democrats don't give a crap about guns right now. Lots of misinformed gun buyers if they think that Obama is going to take them away.

Sure, I mean would I rather trust you, or trust the 118 page report that is already being circulated in DC to rally support for weapon bans and restrictions?

CRS Gun Control legislation - Nov. 14, 2012

And of course you also have the confirmed meeting between Feinstein and the FTB/ATF on November 6th where they supposedly discussed resurrecting her 1994 ban, as well as expanding it.

But no, I guess we should just go with what you think and ignore the mounting evidence to the contrary.

We used outback giftcards for a nice meal on black friday. I had Prime Rib, wife had fish of some sort. And a cheese fry appetizer

Sure, I mean would I rather trust you, or trust the 118 page report that is already being circulated in DC to rally support for weapon bans and restrictions?

And of course you also have the confirmed meeting between Feinstein and the FTB/ATF on November 6th where they supposedly discussed resurrecting her 1994 ban, as well as expanding it.

But no, I guess we should just go with what you think and ignore the mounting evidence to the contrary.

You should use recent history where proclamations like yours pointing to shadowy plans to restrict guns end up false over and over again. Parallels to the inflation fearmongering too.

lol. That report is just a simple summary of gun control legislation and and statistics, not exactly propaganda for a weapons ban.

Out of pure curiosity, why would someone need to own an AK-47?
I'm sure there are many reasons for owning one, but establishing a need would be suspect. And actually an AK-47 is almost impossible to legally own without special permitting. What I own uses many of the same components and is technically a Norinco SAR-1.

Incorrect. They have been afraid to propose legislation which could hamper the odds in an election year. They still have the same goals as always.

Edit: I expect the next tactic will be similar to their proposal to place identifying marks on each cartridge which would price ammunition out of the market. The next would be a background check on all firearm sales which the average seller privately can not access. That would make handing down family heirloom weapons illegal. then will be the resurrection .50 cal ban which would also include the 12 gauge shotgun. As long as Soros and the UN wand citizens disarmed their will be Democrats pandering to please them.

Edited by hueytaxi

Incorrect. They have been afraid to propose legislation which could hamper the odds in an election year. They still have the same goals as always.

Edit: I expect the next tactic will be similar to their proposal to place identifying marks on each cartridge which would price ammunition out of the market. The next would be a background check on all firearm sales which the average seller privately can not access. That would make handing down family heirloom weapons illegal. then will be the resurrection .50 cal ban which would also include the 12 gauge shotgun. As long as Soros and the UN wand citizens disarmed their will be Democrats pandering to please them.

To decrease gun crimes and allow responsible citizens to continue owning guns?

To decrease gun crimes and allow responsible citizens to continue owning guns?
What did the Clinton era gun ban accomplish?

What did the Clinton era gun ban accomplish?

Not a whole hell of a lot, from what I understand. Does that mean no gun control can help?

Not a whole hell of a lot, from what I understand. Does that mean no gun control can help?
Don't we have it now? What legislation would lessen crime and allow "responsible citizens to continue owning guns?"?

i find it hard to fathom the kind of paranoia that fuels this sort of behavior.

i can be described as having my share of mental maladies, but paranoia just never made any sense as something i might want to have.

i can be described as having my share of mental maladies, but paranoia just never made any sense as something i might want to have.

I agree with you but have definite reasons. I understand the first time panic purchases, but not those like me who have owned weapons for a long time. Most likely more folks on this forum know I own weapons than my neighbors. A while ago when I call the S.O. animal control about a possible rabid raccoon they replied I could shoot it. I live in a nice neighborhood and certainly don''t wish to scare anyone with gunfire. I admit I did purchase a set of noise supressing headphones recently for use at the range.

You gotta think that gun manufacturers must have secretly funneled money to the Obama campaign. Talk about easy money off of saps.

Don't we have it now? What legislation would lessen crime and allow "responsible citizens to continue owning guns?"?

So we need to allow crime to happen to appease gun owners....

I'm a gun owner, but that's still how I read your opinion.

So we need to allow crime to happen to appease gun owners....

I'm a gun owner, but that's still how I read your opinion.

Please explain how I suggest
we need to allow crime to happen to appease gun owners....
? And since this is important to you and I , what do you propose to slow gun crimes?

You gotta think that gun manufacturers must have secretly funneled money to the Obama campaign. Talk about easy money off of saps.

Indeed. President Obama is the gift that keeps on giving to gun manufacturers, just like he's a godsend to Karl Rove and others in the billionaire bilking industry. Whitey is secretly worried he'll finally get his comeuppance for all the slavery and emasculating oppression of the Jim Crow era...Little does Whitey know that Barry Obama is the whitest guy in the White House since, I dunno, Warren Harding. I'm sure he'll get around to confiscating your firearms around the time that he gets around to legalizing dope or giving us universal health care. Heck, he'd LOWER the Medicare eligibility age before he'd lift a finger to place a restriction on gun ownership, i.e. NEVER. Dude is not a liberal, but keep on letting your judgment be clouded by stereotypes and utter ********. Karl Rove, Wall Street, and other vampires will be happy to bleed you dry while you keep supporting candidates who are more pious, country & western versions of Mussolini.

Edited by Mr. DNA

Focus on liberal history for the answer not rhetoric or false posturing. Why the need to turn this into a racial thread?

I'm hip. Maybe this is self-evident, but I think the root is far more internal than external, and also more involuntary than voluntary.

I live in a nice neighborhood and certainly don''t wish to scare anyone with gunfire. I admit I did purchase a set of noise supressing headphones recently for use at the range.

A subsonic load with noise suppressor would seem to take care of the issue. Noise suppressors are not legal in this state, but they are in most.

I am all for restricting gun ownership. Way too many guns out there as it is. Bring on the legislation.