Deleterious

Titus Young sent home from facility, will be inactive vs. Texans

The "knee injury" is a load of horse caca and everybody knows it.

Apparently the Lions are afraid of breathing the words "suspended without pay."

As noted above, this is actually a form of game-throwing: what's really the difference between a player screwing up plays on purpose as a "F U" to the coaching staff and a player screwing up plays on purpose because he's getting paid by Vito the Gangster to fix the game?

No team and for that matter the commissioner should ever tolerate that crap -- it should be grounds for instant suspension without pay. Bang, zoom, end of story.

He's going to fake knee surgery too? Come on.

He hasn't HAD the surgery -- plenty of guys are sidelined with "knee injuries" and then the doctors decide against surgery.

It's a crock anyway. He's not injured, they are just making up a BS story to get him off the roster without having to fight a suspension.

But why the hell would you NOT want to fight a suspension in a case like this? A player intentionally screwing up plays to make teammates look bad (Titus wanted to screw up plays on which he was not the primary receiver so as to make other receivers look worse by comparison) is about the worst MFing thing a player can do.

For the third or fourth time, it's very close to point-shaving/game-throwing. The LEAGUE should suspend his *** if the team isnt' going to do it.

I can't remember where I heard this, but someone suggested that Young needs to see a psychologist because something is clearly not right.

I think it would be a good idea for him to get help with his head.

If he does, he should get another chance with the Lions next season.

I cannot comprehend the idea of not wanting a leader of the team(like it or not, he is) to speak up on such an issue. Its just absolutely blows my mind. This is exactly what this team needed after all the discipline issues they've had. Someone needs to let it be known in that lockerroom that there is a standard to be upheld.

Publicly, dude, publicly. We don't know if Stafford and Calvin were critical behind closed doors. Maybe they were, I would guess they were (Calvin's statement to M-LIVE was more matter of fact than critical). I am saying that the team leader, the QB most of the time, needs to keep it in-house and not go complaining to the media or fans. Believe me, other guys see him not flogging TYS out in public, even when he deserves it, and they think he's being a stand-up guy. Or maybe nobody needs to say anything because they all know it, and despite their failure as a team this season, but for TYS, it isn't for a lack of dedication. I haven't gotten the sense that other guys on that team are missing things or late for things, so maybe they don't need to say anything.

I can't remember where I heard this, but someone suggested that Young needs to see a psychologist because something is clearly not right.

I think it would be a good idea for him to get help with his head.

If he does, he should get another chance with the Lions next season.

No, no way. It sure sounds like he sabotaged the offense on purpose. He can't ever play for them again because of that. If I was a player getting my brains and body all beat to hell, I sure wouldn't want that guy on my team. I think it would cause a revolt against the coaches and that is why they sent him packing. He's never playing for the Lions again. How about a bet on his NFL career. An over/under on how many games he plays the rest of his career. I put it at 10. Guys like him, they never "get it". See Charles Rogers.......

No, no way. It sure sounds like he sabotaged the offense on purpose. He can't ever play for them again because of that. If I was a player getting my brains and body all beat to hell, I sure wouldn't want that guy on my team. I think it would cause a revolt against the coaches and that is why they sent him packing. He's never playing for the Lions again. How about a bet on his NFL career. An over/under on how many games he plays the rest of his career. I put it at 10. Guys like him, they never "get it". See Charles Rogers.......

Charles Rogers was flat out lazy.

IMHO, I don't thing Titus Young had a problem with being lazy. I think it was the opposite as he thought he was working hard and getting open and wasn't getting the ball and then he did something really crazy. He will get a second chance with the Lions or another team if he gets help.

Edited by nd1377

Charles Rogers was flat out lazy.

IMHO, I don't thing Titus Young had a problem with being lazy. I think it was the opposite as he thought he was working hard and getting open and wasn't getting the ball and then he did something really crazy. He will get a second chance with the Lions or another team if he gets help.

I am sure HE doesn't think he's lazy, and I am sure Charles Rogers didn't either. He is NEVER getting another chance with the Lions, trust me on that. (they already gave him a second and third chance, actually). If they aren't bringing him back with Nate and Broyles on the IR, then they are NEVER bringing him back. I hope he saved some of his money.

I am sure HE doesn't think he's lazy, and I am sure Charles Rogers didn't either. He is NEVER getting another chance with the Lions, trust me on that. (they already gave him a second and third chance, actually). If they aren't bringing him back with Nate and Broyles on the IR, then they are NEVER bringing him back. I hope he saved some of his money.

You make great points.

As long as he gets help, I really do hope he can come back to the Lions. The Lions can't give up on talent like Young because they will go backwards.

You make great points.

As long as he gets help, I really do hope he can come back to the Lions. The Lions can't give up on talent like Young because they will go backwards.

You don't get it, they already have given up on him.

No they haven't.

When the coach sends a player home three times, then makes the player the butt of jokes in front of the press, that means the team has given up on him.

You make great points.

Help? What kind of help do you think he can get?

On the positive side, Brandon Marshall was like Young (only a lot better) and he's been a model citizen this year. It could happen to Young too.

I would be surprised if Young didn't have to prove himself on a team's practice squad before being let out on the field again during an NFL game.

I would be surprised if Young didn't have to prove himself on a team's practice squad before being let out on the field again during an NFL game.

I believe he's played too much already for any Practice Squad time, however, I think the Lions coaches, players and management have had enough of his act....Look for a 7th round pick for him...at the most !!

As mentioned above, if they didn't want to bring him back out of desperation due to injuries to Broyles and Burleson, then they must not want to bring him back at all. He should never play for the Lions again. Kid is a spoiled selfish player who was pouting because he thought he was open when he was being lazy. Good riddance

I think you have to pass players through waivers before you put them on the practice squad and there is no way Young would make it through waivers.

They should give him a chance at the beginning of next season and if it doesn't work out try to trade him. He may need time to grow up. Someone will give you a pick for him.

I think you have to pass players through waivers before you put them on the practice squad and there is no way Young would make it through waivers.

They should give him a chance at the beginning of next season and if it doesn't work out try to trade him. He may need time to grow up. Someone will give you a pick for him.

He purposely sabotaged that drive at the end of the Green Bay game. A public hissy fit. There is no way he is ever going to suit up for the Lions again.....the rest of the team would be furious. Some other team will give him a chance. Again, I would say the over/under on the amount of NFL games he plays from this point forward is around 10.

I believe he's played too much already for any Practice Squad time, however, I think the Lions coaches, players and management have had enough of his act....Look for a 7th round pick for him...at the most !!

Yes you're right. My mistake.

In any case, I can't imagine a player with his disciplinary record being worth any team trading for. Teams will just wait for his inevitable release, and give him a training camp tryout as a 5th WR. Maybe a team might get lucky if he decides he wants to act like a professional adult.

As mentioned above, if they didn't want to bring him back out of desperation due to injuries to Broyles and Burleson, then they must not want to bring him back at all. He should never play for the Lions again. Kid is a spoiled selfish player who was pouting because he thought he was open when he was being lazy. Good riddance

I wouldn't be surprised if this move ends his NFL career. I think the guy is poison in the view of the rest of the league.

Schwartz: Titus may return.

Titus Young has a chance to return to Lions, Jim Schwartz says | Detroit Lions | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Q. What was the first public clue that Young was sabotaging plays on purpose?

A. When several passes by Matthew Stafford were thrown preposterously off target -- 20 yards or more from the nearest reciever (I believe one was picked off but somebody would have to go review the PBP) -- and when the offense got to the sideline there was much yelling, screaming and arm-waving among the offensive staff, and the initial public speculation as to the topic of the yelling and screaming was something like "What the hell is Stafford thinking, doesn't he know the GD plays, can't he read a defense, those passes were 20 yards from the nearest receiver, is our quarterback a complete idiot???"

Of course it quickly turned out the reason was entirely different.

Thus if I were Matthew Stafford, the very second the above story appeared online, I would drive down to Allen Park, I would walk right up to Martin Mayhew's office, I would grab the nearest chair in the hallway, I would hurl it right through the glass doors of Mayhew's office,

chair.jpg

And I would scream at the top of my lungs, "Titus M_Fing Young is done on this football team, you got that? Done. Finished. Gone. I don't care if you have to suspend him, trade him, release him, have him snuffed by a hit man, I don't Fing care, but you get rid of him. If he ever sets foot in this building or on the field for the Detroit Lions again, you can get yourself a new M_Fing quarterback, you got THAT? Good evening and have a Happy New Year."

That's what THIS guy would do:

bobby-layne-e1331914063903.jpg

"that guy" would be too drunk to care...

...and he would just show up in the 4th quarter and win no matter who was on the team.

"that guy" would be too drunk to care...

...and he would just show up in the 4th quarter and win no matter who was on the team.

Uh, no, you need to read up on Bobby Layne. He was legendary for absolutely blow-torching people in the huddle if they messed up a play. If an OL missed a block (Hello, Lomas Brown!!) or a WR screwed up a pass route (yoo hoo Titus), Layne would literally order the coaches to send the MFer straight to the locker room.

The coaches weren't always happy about it because they liked to think THEY were in charge of who played and who didn't, but Layne didn't put up with people screwing up plays. He would have sent Titus Young down the tunnel right in the middle of the game and told him not to bother coming back.

Stafford will never be Bobby Layne of course, but he should take a leaf from the master. Everybody on the team should know that if Matthew Stafford tells you to run "X" pass pattern, you either run it, or pack your GD bags.