Deleterious

Titus Young sent home from facility, will be inactive vs. Texans

132 posts in this topic

Due to recent events, Titus Young Sr. has been waived by the Trailer Park Boys. The team has announced the signing of Ryan Broyles to replace his roster spot.

Good riddance.

Due to recent events, Titus Young Sr. has been waived by the Trailer Park Boys. The team has announced the signing of Ryan Broyles to replace his roster spot.

Good riddance.

Trevor: We're not stupid Julian.

Julian: Yes you are stupid, that's why I have to tell you this.

That's awful. If true, I hope he never sees the field as a Lion again.

I have a suspicion the Lions were shaky on Young's future with the team based on his discipline issues this spring and that helps explain the Broyles pick.

Chris McCosky ‏@cmccosky

More Raiola on Young: "What we can control is the guys who want to be here. And when you act like that, you don't want to be here."

Chris McCosky Chris McCosky ‏@cmccosky

Raiola on Titus Young: "We've moved on from him. He wants to be an *******, let him be an *******. It's not my problem."

Sounds very positive for Young

There are people in every profession, including football, that are only there to collect a paycheck. Young sounds like one of those types of people.

You know, Raiola is not a very good player, he can be a loudmouth, and is pretty much an *** from what I've seen and heard about him. But I'll give him credit that he doesn't hold back and will hold others accountable. I wish some others on the team would step up and try to lead like Raiola does.

Reading Titus Young's media session today, it sure doesn't sound like he feels any remorse. He is simply a selfish loser, who is going to be out of a job very soon. I don't care how talented a player is, if he is hurting the team because of an attitude problem then he needs to go ASAP. Players with character issues always come back to bite you in the ***.

At this point he makes me think he's the new Terrell Owens, you know only he is a #3 WR or so...

You know, Raiola is not a very good player, he can be a loudmouth, and is pretty much an *** from what I've seen and heard about him. But I'll give him credit that he doesn't hold back and will hold others accountable. I wish some others on the team would step up and try to lead like Raiola does.

One of the biggest problems with this franchise is that a hot-air hornhonker like Dominic Raiola, an underweight pantywaist who gets thrown on his arse like a rag-doll on every running play, blowing it up before it begins, has been placed in (certainly not earned) a role as "team spokesman" and feels it is his duty or his place to comment upon the status of ANYONE on the team?

You know what I would do if I were Mayhew or Schwartz?

Well, first, resign, but never mind that.

Then, I would,

1) SUSPEND TITUS YOUNG WITHOUT PAY FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON FOR CONDUCT DETRIMENTAL TO THE FRANCHISE.

Yes the NFLPA will probably file a grievance and might win; who cares. You want to make a point you will not put up with that $#$#.

2) Call Dominic Raiola into my office and say, "Guess what sonny boy, you have just held your final briefing session for the media. It ain't up to you to decide which players you are or not going to play with, you will play with the players we tell you to play with and you will like it. We don't need a mediocre sub-replacement rag-doll like you acting as our 'team spokesman,' we need GOOD players to do that. You are not a good player and thus you are done talking to the media. Shortly enough, you may be done with the team altogether unless you step up your play in a big way but at your age I ain't betting on that. In the meantime STFU. By the way just in case you think we're not serious, we are fining you $50,000 just to convince you."

Edited by TJ

Good riddance.

The liquor's calling the shots now, Titus...

Some of this falls on the shoulders of Stafford -- the VERY FIRST time Titus Young lined up in the wrong place after being told where to line up, Matthew Stafford should have shouted, "TIME OUT," snapped his helmet off, walked VERY SLOWLY over to the sideline, pointed straight at Titus Young in front of 60,000 fans and millions of teevee viewers, and screamed full volume at Schwartz, "GET THAT MF-ERS A-ZZ OFF THE FIELD OR FIND YOURSELF A NEW QUARTERBACK."

The way Bobby Layne would have.

I don't give a red rat's rump whether or not Dominic Raiola approves of Titus Young's antics and neither particularly should anybody on the team. However if Stafford had stood up in the middle of the game and shouted, "if that MF'er is not going to line up where I tell him to, you send his azz out the door," people would care.

Stupid stafford!

This **** is all on Suh, if he wasn't getting pulled over this wouldn't have happened.

Stupid stafford!

Well, at some point, your better players (as opposed to sub-replacement-level waiver-wire slugs like Raiola) have to start standing up and being your team leaders, and Stafford has made it pretty clear he is not happy with some of what is going on out on the field, and a quarterback would be the FIRST one to know when a WR is lined up wrong, since it results in incomplete passes that make him look bad, so at some point you would think Stafford would say something VERY PUBLICLY about it.

To say it again, who gives a crap what Dominic Raiola thinks of Titus Young?

They should have publicly flogged him with their helmets on the field the first time he lined up in the wrong spot.

Dominic Raiola is one of the team voted offensive captains right?

Thank god Raiola spoke up. i can't believe some have the nerve for criticizing him. Oh gee, he's only a captain and the longest tenured member of the offense(tied), why would he speak up about a guy purposely sabotaging his unit and trying to take the whole team down? What a ridiculous concept.

Raiola is underrated as a player and leader. He's undersized, but still a lot better than he's ever given credit for. Many Cs are undersized, you don't find a ton that can truly push the pile and a lot of them flame out Jason Brown style.

I find it hard to believe he purposely sabotaged the team.

Because if he did, how in the hell are they letting him set foot in the building. Trade value?

If we find out he actually DID sabotage the team on purpose and knowing that they (coach and front office) let him back on the team - they should all be fired.

They should have publicly flogged him with their helmets on the field the first time he lined up in the wrong spot.

Dominic Raiola is one of the team voted offensive captains right?

Well Dom Raiola has little room to bag on anyone after not knowing NOT to snap the ball in OT vs a crappy Tennessee team. So he should shut the hell up himself.

As far as Stafford not publicly shaming Titus, you want Stafford to be a leader....leaders don't throw guys under the bus like that. Maybe he did say something to Schwartz & Co. after the Green Bay game, but he did it in private where it should be.

If Titus is not happy about not being targeted, maybe he should look at the tape and see the lazy routes he runs.........and then take a look at the routes Ryan Broyles runs.......they are perfect.......solid, sharp cuts, plays inside....takes what he is given and makes it work. Titus wants a touchdown or big play every pass and tries to improvise and throws the whole freaking offense out of whack when he does. He's terrible. He's a selfish player and a baby and he needs to go. No room for it. They're better off having a player with lesser talent and potential that does what he is supposed to do than a petulant child like Titus Young Sr.

Raiola and Backus:

1) were Millen's first two draft picks;

2) were key components (har de har-har) of the 0-16 team (THAT RIGHT THERE should have targeted them for utter extinction the very second a new coach arrived);

3) have been mainstays of the OL for a solid decade during which the Lions have had the worst running game in the NFL (by miles);

4) should have been sent straight out the door with Millen (see #2 above);

5) As soon as Millen's musky odor and stench cleared the complex at Allen Park, should have been told, "Lookit. You are not our team leaders. We do not want you to be our team leaders. We will not ALLOW you to be our team leaders. Your only job is to shut the hell up and hope like hell we allow you to hang around here as 8th-string scrubs."

If other Lions players like Titus Young did not see worthless sub-waiver-wire clowns like Raiola hanging around and flapping their jaws as 'team leaders,' maybe they would get the idea that their stature on the team might actually depend on their performance.

Edited by TJ

Calvin Johnson was a Millen draft pick and he was a key component of the 0-16 team. Does this mean we should dump him?

Calvin Johnson was a Millen draft pick and he was a key component of the 0-16 team. Does this mean we should dump him?

Blind Squirrel and Broken Clock, my friend.......

The only players from the Millen regime who should have been allowed to stay are consensus All-Pros. That means ... ummm.... that means Calvin Johnson.

Every other player should have been shipped out on the next garbage scow headed down the river.

Even a Broken Clock can ride a Blind Squirrel?

No, no...goofball.....even a broken clock can fool a blind squirrel into doing the right thing twice a day.

But blind squirrels can end up with broken nuts twice a day.