hail2mich

GDT: Iowa at #23 Michigan 11/17/2012

I certainly hope we see a little bit of Denard on Saturday. It would be a shame that he couldn't play in his last home game. Like him or not at QB, you cannot deny that he has been one of the most exciting players in school history. And it's not only his play on the field that makes me a huge fan of his, but how he has handled himself off the field too. He really is someone you want on your side. He has been the face of Michigan football for the past 3 seasons, and I have no idea where this program would be without him.

Although I've never been a big fan of Denard at the QB position as a passer, I think he's a great kid and he deserves to play at his last home game.

The student section 35 minutes before kickoff.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=532&filename=yvwtv.jpg&xsize=480&ysize=480

They have to do something to change that, and I'm sure Brandon will. Either reduce the size, make it first come first serve, or something! That's pathetic. Students have always rushed in at the very last minute, but I've never seen it that bad.

The student section 35 minutes before kickoff.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=532&filename=yvwtv.jpg&xsize=480&ysize=480

I get the point, but also don't forget that most of the students walk so they don't have to get there early to park.

Yeah but they are honoring the seniors today. Would have been nice of them to show up for that.

A good number of the students I see are still fans, but not like we were in our day. The stink of all the big money and all the scandals led has left them more jaded. This time of year they are also mostly busting their rears to catch back up to to where they need to be in their course work and football is not that big a priority for many.

And for sure ordinary students don't feel they 'owe' revenue sport athletes anything

Edited by Gehringer_2

A good number of the students I see are still fans, but not like we were in our day. The stink of all the big money and all the scandals led has left them more jaded. This time of year they are also mostly busting their rears to catch back up to to where they need to be in their course work and football is not that big a priority for many.

And for sure ordinary students don't feel they 'owe' revenue sport athletes anything

"Not like they were in our day"

That line if thinking is a real pet peeve I'm finding out. If these students are so jaded by all the money and scandals etc, you could probably make an argument saying they're BETTER fans than you and the old days group for even showing up and supporting.