MC24

2013 NFL Draft Thread

The one thing that is clear is that teams will fit their board to match their personnel preferences more than a general ranking of all players.

Really surprised how few prospects they had displayed....makes me wonder if it's some sort of purposed leak and another attention grab by the Cowboys ?

Really surprised how few prospects they had displayed....makes me wonder if it's some sort of purposed leak and another attention grab by the Cowboys ?

Most teams have similar numbers, they are not going to put players on the board that don't fit with their scheme, for example. I'm pretty sure that Honey Badger did not make many lists. Neither did players like Colin Klein.

Also, I don't think it's a leak, but a screw up. The Lions don't allow anybody (let alone cameras) near their board.

I don't know if I'd say screw up. It came out after the draft. A few teams, like the Browns and Rams let reporters in their draft room this year, with the caveat that you can't talk until after the draft basically.

Chris McCosky ‏@cmccosky 4m

Lions rookie punter Sam Martin was wowing teammates today, nailing two 70-yarders. Slightly wind-aided but impressive