MC24

2013 NFL Draft Thread

The year that there is consensus that the Lions could use a wide receiver, they don't take one, yet anyways. Every other year, we all crap all over them for taking wide outs too early. Go figure.

The draft is over?

ugh. so they give up a pick at the start of the 5th round for a pick at the end of 5th and end of the sixth? seems terrible to me.

I'm sure they have several players they still like a lot. I'm good with the trade. I still want a WR, LB, TE, DB and OL and now they have 5 remaining picks.

The draft is over?

No it isn't, hence why I said "yet anyways". I just wouldn't have passed on Da'Rick Rogers, rap sheet or not, when he was sitting there in the 5th just so I could acquire an additional 6th.

No it isn't, hence why I said "yet anyways". I just wouldn't have passed on Da'Rick Rogers, rap sheet or not, when he was sitting there in the 5th just so I could acquire an additional 6th.

Just what we need, a WR with off the field issues.

Just what we need, a WR with off the field issues.

It's a 5th round pick. It's not like it's Titus or Leshoure in the 2nd. I'm willing to gamble more with a 5th than I am a 2nd or 3rd.

Look for Ellington, Andre RB for our next pick to be used as a KR and PR guy, exceptional straight line speed or Paul Kruger, DE tall player, good wing span and productive Sack master.

Look for Ellington, Andre RB for our next pick to be used as a KR and PR guy, exceptional straight line speed or Paul Kruger, DE tall player, good wing span and productive Sack master.

I'd like to see them go LB.

Wow. In the 5th round? He wasn't going to be there in the 6th or 7th? Really?

WHAT? A Punter? Really?

I agree, I thought he might be our pick in the 7th, or a FA. I knew the lions liked him, but i didn't think there was much othr interest in him.

I agree, I thought he might be our pick in the 7th, or a FA. I knew the lions liked him, but i didn't think there was much othr interest in him.

This type of pick reminds me of Jordon Dizon in the second round during the Millen-era. I have no problem if you really, really like a guy but I don't think it makes much sense to draft them multiple rounds early just to make 100% sure you get them.

Yeah, I would have waited until the 6th or 7th to take this guy, especially given who is still on the board. Not a fan of this pick at all, at least from where they picked at.

It's the end of the fifth round. There really isn't much more talent left.

Da'Rick Rogers (WR), Reid Fragel (T), Zeke Motta (S), Baccari Rambo (S).

Even if there isn't much talent left, why not take some of the limited talent available and pick up the punter for a 1A school in the 6th or 7th? With as many needs as this team has I'm surprised that are willing to reach for a punter, that's all.

WHAT, why did they pass on Rogers for another receiver?

I would have taken Roundtree before fuller... and I'm not sure i would have taken Roundtree!

Can't find anything on Fuller, ESPN has him as the #36 WR and not in the top #250+ players...meh.

Track guy who can run. I like.

Btw, the Lions had the worst punting last year. They need to improve on that. Make sure Harris never sees the field for the Lions again.

Then they probably shouldn't have traded down.

Then they probably shouldn't have traded down.

They took a punter. No big freaking deal here.