hail2mich

GDT: Northwestern at Michigan 11/10/2012

I suppose looking back at the question of recent UM QBs as passers, do you include that the most recent quarterback we had that ranked near the top of the NCAA as a passer and went as a 3rd round NFL pick never got on the field for us, but if had he would have been eligible through the end of 2011?

Edited by Gehringer_2

Gardner completed a little over 50% of his passes against a bad defense missing a starting cornerback. If not for a couple of great (or lucky) plays on long bombs we'd be talking about how bad he was and how his Denardesque horrible INT cost the team the game.

He's better than I expected and certainly light years ahead of Bellomy, but it seems insane for anyone to be writing his name down as the starter for the next two years and being happy about it at this point to me.

Also, if today's near safety isn't the last straw on that awful roll out into an unblocked guy play that seemingly caused twenty Denard INTs this year alone...

He's practiced at QB for a whole week and a half, cut him some slack.

And how many times did gardnere bail this team out single handedly? How many huge third downs did he get with his legs?

He's a great talent with great physical ability. Give him a year of practice under his belt and some better receivers and he'll be fine.