DaBishop

2013 Draft thread

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/348227626420281344

Some draft scuttle: Rockets have been offered chance to shed contract of PF Thomas Robinson for first-round pick in next Thursday's draft
Rockets, I'm told, have eyes on fistful of international players they'd draft with a first for Robinson to keep overseas and avoid cap hit

Trey Burke among several Detroit Pistons draft hopefuls to work out for team this week | MLive.com

The players released Friday by the Pistons as having worked out for them this week were:

Jared Bergrren, PF, 6-10, 235, Wisconsin

Kenny Boynton, SG, 6-2, 190, Florida

Trey Burke, PG, 6-1, 190, Michigan

Michael Carter-Williams, PG, 6-6, 185, Syracuse

Karron Johnson, PG, 6-1, 175, Belmont

Shane Larkin, PG, 5-11, 180, Miami

Augusto Cesar Lima, PF, 6-10, 235, Brazil

C.J. McCollum, PG, 6-3, 200, Lehigh

Derrick Nix, C, 6-9, 275, Michigan State

Dexter Strickland, PG/SG, 6-3, 190, North Carolina

Cody Zeller, PF/C, 7-0, 230, Indiana

Pretty bad draft when just about everyone in the lottery has a glaring weakness or two. About the only prospect that I have formed a solid opinion on is Muhammad, a guy who has gotten a ton of love in this thread and I absolutely hate as a prospect. I think people are intrigued because he was the top high school prospect and that usually = high upside. IMO he got those rankings with good athleticism and being in a man's body (partially because he was a year + older than everyone else). Watching him at UCLA I just didn't see the elite athlete he was billed to be. I saw a black hole with low basketball IQ, mediocre dribbler, mediocre shooter, mediocre defender and poor passer, who got his coach fired. His upside seems to be Rudy Gay, not good or efficient enough to build an offense around and not the shooter and certainly not the passer to be a good complimentary piece. My prediction if Muhammad goes in the lottery that GM will be fire within two years.

Burke has some new ink. I think it looks horrible, but I'm not exactly a tattoo type of guy.

d8mmj6n.jpg

Hideous.

Ah to only have assets! But we had to get rid of Ben Gordon immediately...

I don't know man, that seems like a bad deal to me.

If I am taking on $9M in salary I better get a pick outright and not be swapping spots. If I am swapping, it better move me into the top 5.

I think if it goes down, that is a fantastic deal for Dallas.

Pretty bad draft when just about everyone in the lottery has a glaring weakness or two. About the only prospect that I have formed a solid opinion on is Muhammad, a guy who has gotten a ton of love in this thread and I absolutely hate as a prospect. I think people are intrigued because he was the top high school prospect and that usually = high upside. IMO he got those rankings with good athleticism and being in a man's body (partially because he was a year + older than everyone else). Watching him at UCLA I just didn't see the elite athlete he was billed to be. I saw a black hole with low basketball IQ, mediocre dribbler, mediocre shooter, mediocre defender and poor passer, who got his coach fired. His upside seems to be Rudy Gay, not good or efficient enough to build an offense around and not the shooter and certainly not the passer to be a good complimentary piece. My prediction if Muhammad goes in the lottery that GM will be fire within two years.

I would think if you get a Rudy Gay in the middle of the lottery, even though I'm not his biggest fan, you'd be rather content. Muhammad has his issues, but the guy can score at the very least. Despite "not living up to the hype" he still lead a solid team in scoring and took them to the postseason, winning the conference in the process.

I don't know man, that seems like a bad deal to me.

If I am taking on $9M in salary I better get a pick outright and not be swapping spots. If I am swapping, it better move me into the top 5.

I think if it goes down, that is a fantastic deal for Dallas.

Great deal for Dallas, but I guess Cleveland actually wants Marion as a player because they desperately want to make the playoffs this year and see him as an upgrade. That's the rumor at least.

Great deal for Dallas, but I guess Cleveland actually wants Marion as a player because they desperately want to make the playoffs this year and see him as an upgrade. That's the rumor at least.

Yeah that is a good point and it does make it better for Cleveland.

That article makes it sound like OKC wants McCollum. I wonder if the Pistons could trade down and acquire an extra young player if they take McCollum.

Hmmm, I didn't really think of it until you brought it up. But they now have some special insight on the OKC situation.

Cheeks can tell them if Jones or Lamb is worth it. He can also probably give Joe a good idea how willing Presti is to make a move.

That article makes it sound like OKC wants McCollum. I wonder if the Pistons could trade down and acquire an extra young player if they take McCollum.

A shooter like Mccollum would be pretty scary paired with Westbrook. Wonder what we could get.

Hmmm, I didn't really think of it until you brought it up. But they now have some special insight on the OKC situation.

Cheeks can tell them if Jones or Lamb is worth it. He can also probably give Joe a good idea how willing Presti is to make a move.

That is a good point

I think I have one foot on the KCP bandwagon. I think I was fully on board until I watched that DE scouting report. They listed bad handle and rarely drives to the hoop as his weakness.

I think I'm kind of forming a 3 player wish list of Muhammad, Zeller, KCP. That is assuming none of the top guys drop. There are probably also a handful of guys I wouldn't get that upset about if they picked. Doesn't mean I really want them though.

I think I have one foot on the KCP bandwagon. I think I was fully on board until I watched that DE scouting report. They listed bad handle and rarely drives to the hoop as his weakness.

I think I'm kind of forming a 3 player wish list of Muhammad, Zeller, KCP. That is assuming none of the top guys drop. There are probably also a handful of guys I wouldn't get that upset about if they picked. Doesn't mean I really want them though.

I'm also hoping it comes from those 3(assuming we don't majorly lucky out). KCP kind of seems like the Terrence Ross of this draft in that he's athletic, 6'6 and a plus distance shooter but doesn't really create his own shot. I can live with that out of our SG spots to be honest.

I'm also hoping it comes from those 3(assuming we don't majorly lucky out). KCP kind of seems like the Terrence Ross of this draft in that he's athletic, 6'6 and a plus distance shooter but doesn't really create his own shot. I can live with that out of our SG spots to be honest.

Why would you want KCP instead of Shabazz, originally it was thought KCP was a better athlete, the combine measurements showed Shabazz was the better athlete.

2013 NBA draft -- 10 players invited to 'green room,' sources say - ESPN

The NBA has issued 10 preliminary invitations to its "green room" for Thursday night's draft, according to multiple sources.

Those invited are: Nerlens Noel (Kentucky); Victor Oladipo (Indiana); Otto Porter (Georgetown); Alex Len (Maryland); Anthony Bennett (UNLV); Ben McLemore (Kansas); Trey Burke (Michigan); Michael Carter-Williams (Syracuse); C.J. McCollum (Lehigh) and Cody Zeller (Indiana).

So he's Danny Green?

I will say KCP has much more explosion -in game- then his combine numbers would suggest. He has enough handle to get his own shot, even if he settles for jumpers. He is not exactly Rip Hamilton or Danny Green when It comes to scoring off the bounce.