DaBishop

2013 Draft thread

Guy I love watching right now is Oladipo, will be real fun to see what he can do against Burke and THJR on Saturday. His defense/athleticism will translate to the NBA, really just a matter if scouts feel his improved outside shooting is a mirage or not will limit his ceiling as far as draft position.

Guy I love watching right now is Oladipo, will be real fun to see what he can do against Burke and THJR on Saturday. His defense/athleticism will translate to the NBA, really just a matter if scouts feel his improved outside shooting is a mirage or not will limit his ceiling as far as draft position.

I am on the Oladipo bandwagon as well. His shot looks legit to me and like you say, the defense and athleticism are already there. At this point and time, I think he is the best NBA prospect in the Big Ten, although there a few other guys right there with him.

Maybe we'll get "lucky" like the Bulls did with D Rose and land the #1 pick...sigh. We need someone like McLemore or Shabazz.

I would love GRIII in Detroit. I would rather have him than Burke considering Detroit's needs right now. They are probably going to need both a PG and SF, though, so I guess it doesn't matter. I sure would like to see one of them with the Pistons, though.

I would love GRIII in Detroit. I would rather have him than Burke considering Detroit's needs right now. They are probably going to need both a PG and SF, though, so I guess it doesn't matter. I sure would like to see one of them with the Pistons, though.

I would take GRIII ahead of Burke 10 times out of 10 right now. But I agree that I would love to have both of them.

Did not realize he was having that good of a season defensively. He would have been a perfect fit next to Monroe because he provides the shot blocking presence Drummond provides but he has the ability to step out on the perimeter and guard smaller forwards...a skill that I am not sure Monroe or Drummond will have (his highlights against Wade notwithstanding). As it is, the Pistons will build around Drummond and hope Monroe can slide into the power forward position.

BTW, I can't wait to see Oladipo go up against Burke, Hardaway, and Robinson tonight. He has a chance to really validate his rising stock and I expect a great game from him.

If they were there I'd draft Noel or Oladipo with a big smile. An interior rotation of Monroe, Drummond and Noel would be something to see.

I would take GRIII ahead of Burke 10 times out of 10 right now. But I agree that I would love to have both of them.

GRIII over Burke? What exactly has GRIII done that would put him over Burke?

GRIII over Burke? What exactly has GRIII done that would put him over Burke?

Nothing...it's all upside.

Nothing...it's all upside.

Care to elaborate why he has more upside because I don't see it.

Care to elaborate why he has more upside because I don't see it.

He is a big time athlete but I think what goes overlooked with him is that has a very good looking jump shot as well. There is more bust potential with Robinson though.

BTW, I can't wait to see Oladipo go up against Burke, Hardaway, and Robinson tonight. He has a chance to really validate his rising stock and I expect a great game from him.

Well, I think it is very safe to say that out of the four of them, Oladipo was far and away the best prospect tonight.

Well, I think it is very safe to say that out of the four of them, Oladipo was far and away the best prospect tonight.

I would put him at the top also. For all the talk about McLemore, I am not sure what makes him a better prospect than Oladipo besides his shooting. I guess he has age on his side also. But Oladipo I think is his equal athletically, if not even a little better. And Oladipo is a better ball handler, can create his own shot, and is better defensively.

It's amazing how great a prospect can look when he gets away with hand-checking and travelling all night. That said, he's an electric athlete.

It's amazing how great a prospect can look when he gets away with hand-checking and travelling all night. That said, he's an electric athlete.

I attended this game, and have since re watched it. Oladipo allowed his man to score 4 points in the 45 possessions he was on defense. If there's anyone who would have no problem calling ticky-tack fouls against IU, it'd be Valentine. As far as traveling goes, I have never seen Victor "travel" more than any other player on the court. Selfishly, I hope he comes back, but I think it depends on IU's tournament run.

I would put him at the top also. For all the talk about McLemore, I am not sure what makes him a better prospect than Oladipo besides his shooting. I guess he has age on his side also. But Oladipo I think is his equal athletically, if not even a little better. And Oladipo is a better ball handler, can create his own shot, and is better defensively.

McLemore is 3 months older than Oladipo. Most of the mock draft sites have Oladipo way underrated at this point, I bet that changes after Saturday. That alley-oop that he almost went up a got was as spectacular a miss as you will see. On the hand-checking, thats just B1G basketball, Craft is even worse. Michigan will have less of that to worry about in the NCAA tournament.

McLemore is 3 months older than Oladipo. Most of the mock draft sites have Oladipo way underrated at this point, I bet that changes after Saturday. That alley-oop that he almost went up a got was as spectacular a miss as you will see. On the hand-checking, thats just B1G basketball, Craft is even worse. Michigan will have less of that to worry about in the NCAA tournament.

Not according to ESPN. Oladipo is 9 months older than McLemore. McLemore is 19 (about to turn 20); Oladipo is 20.

I need to start seeing something from Burke tonight.

Burke did all he could in the losses against Ohio State and Indiana. He got little help from anybody else except for Hardaway and McGary at times, GRIII and Stauskas have disappeared on the big stage.

The problem with Burke in these games is that he tried to do too much on his own because he didn't seem to trust his teammates. If he wants his stock to rise, he needs to become more unselfish in these games and learn to trust his teammates but such is life with an extremely young team.

BTW, whatever happened to Jordan Morgan? Is he injured, because he has been virutally non-existent this season. He was a solid big for Michigan last season. They could really use another inside presence besides McGary and Horford on the odd occasion.

Burke did all he could in the losses against Ohio State and Indiana. He got little help from anybody else except for Hardaway and McGary at times, GRIII and Stauskas have disappeared on the big stage.

The problem with Burke in these games is that he tried to do too much on his own because he didn't seem to trust his teammates. If he wants his stock to rise, he needs to become more unselfish in these games and learn to trust his teammates but such is life with an extremely young team.

BTW, whatever happened to Jordan Morgan? Is he injured, because he has been virutally non-existent this season. He was a solid big for Michigan last season. They could really use another inside presence besides McGary and Horford on the odd occasion.

He wasn't bad in either loss. But if he wants to be a lottery pick he needs to shine in those type games. Both OSU and IU have big, strong, fast defenders like he will see in the NBA. He needs to show he can excel against those types of players.

I'm probably just still angry about the constant jump shooting Saturday night.