PuNk42AE

GDT: Michigan at Minnesota 11/3/2012 12:00PM

From TCC Bank Stadium

3943765403_3a26ef2150_z.jpg

!CDSoMhwEWk~$(KGrHqJ,!g4E0ejmZ6ysBNOFHJVUTw~~_35.JPG@ 51%2BliH-Ub5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Michigan 5-3 (3-1) @ Minnesota 5-3 (1-3)

Series History: Michigan leads 71-24-3 (last meeting, 2011, 58-0 Michigan)

After dropping their first Big Ten game of the season at the Nebraska Cornhuskers, the Michigan Wolverines are looking at the rest of the season from a different perspective. They no longer control their own destiny and their backs are against the proverbial wall with four games left to play.

“November is when you win championships in this league,” Michigan coach Brady Hoke said as his Wolverines (5-3, 3-1) prepare for a trip to face Minnesota.

“I’ve always believed that, and I think that’s an important thing for us to realize. I think I probably didn’t re-emphasize that as much … but I will. Believe me, it will be addressed. We’ve got a heck of a lot to play for, and there are four guarantees left, and we’ve got to play our best in each one of those four games.”

On the specifics regarding Robinson, his injury, his ability to practice, and the likelihood that he will play against Minnesota, Hoke indicated Robinson will probably play, while not offering much in the way of specifics.

“He should be fine. He should be ready to go on Saturday,” Hoke said. “I’m not a doctor. I don’t know if you knew that. But there’s a nerve that runs down your elbow, down your arm. I think it’s the ulnar. And it takes a while to … it gets numb and tingly.”

• Michigan ranks first nationally in pass defense, allowing just 145.2 yards per game.

• QB Denard Robinson is Michigan’s all-time leader in career total offense with 10,425 yards. He passed the previous record holder, Chad Henne, who piled up 9,400 yards from 2004-07.

• Over the last six games, Michigan is allowing the opposition only 12.0 points per game.

Players To Watch:

WR/QB Devin Gardner—He has been taking snaps at quarterback after starting at receiver most of the season. Michigan needs to have Gardner ready in case starter QB Denard Robinson is injured again.

QB Denard Robinson—He could not return after injuring his elbow against Nebraska last week. He is expected to play against Minnesota, but has again become increasingly fragile as the season wears on.

LB Kenny Demens—Demens, who led the Wolverines in tackles last season with 94, has made 28 straight starts at middle linebacker.

Roster Report

• DE Mario Ojemudia suffered a minor injury last week against Nebraska, but is expected to play when the Wolverines meet Minnesota.

• DL Nathan Brink remains sidelined with an undisclosed injury, and has now missed four straight games.

• QB Denard Robinson injured his elbow at Nebraska, but is expected to play when the Wolverines face Minnesota.

• TE Brandon Moore has missed more than a month with an ACL injury.

First in the nation in pass defense? Wow, what a difference a few years make! It's also nice to see Gardner taking snaps at QB again, especially after last weeks performance by the freshman backup.

GO BLUE!

UM wins 31-10.

I will never root for msu, so Ill just hope UM gets healthy and takes care of business the last 4 weeks. I am sure Nebraska will cough up in the same time period.

Go blue.

Various links on Twitter, so not posting them.

Ojemudia is not dressed.

Denard has a sleeve on his arm/elbow.

So far, Gardner has taken far more snaps in warmups than any other QB.

A6yPxfACMAElnsX.jpg:large

Can't Denard be a running back?

If he's hurt, then I think he should focus on getting healthy. Remember, both times he hurt his elbow were after getting tackled on runs.

I think/hope Gardner can fill in today, but Michigan is going to need Denard healthy by next week for Northwestern.

Edit: It's also official. Denard is out and Gardner is starting.

We have two guys who can run well and not pass. Then there's a third guy that can't run or pass.

Just rotate Gardner and Robinson at QB and do everything except throw it.

Al Borges still dialing up the ole PA rollout Pass into an unblocked guy. You'd think they'd have shelved that after it lost the ND game.

Well, a team with poor talent, coached by Jerry Kill and a 500 pound OC has scored a touchdown.

Let's see if Michigan can replicate this feat

If they aren't good enough to run the ball on Minny when Minny is playing run, they are going to lose, because they have no passing game.

I cannot wait for Hoke's offensive linemen to take over. Thanks RR for our undersized linemen who can't get a push against any Big Ten team. You are a genius.

I cannot wait for Hoke's offensive linemen to take over. Thanks RR for our undersized linemen who can't get a push against any Big Ten team. You are a genius.

They got a push last year, and in 2010, and in 2009.

It's stunning how bad they are this year. Maybe they should try playing to their strengths instead of running power ISO out of the I

Toussaint misses that block on second down. Amazing how much he has regressed.

HOLY ****! How did that happen??? Touchdown!!!