Sign in to follow this  
mavscougars

2012 Detroit Tigers Meijer DVD will they put one out???

In 2006, Meijer put out a neat dvd featuring the Detroit Tigers season. I'd love to see another one for this year. Even though we didn't win the World Series, I was happy to them get far. Any thoughts? Will they put something out?

It wasn't Meijer that put it out, it was MLB, who sold it at Meijer, at first. I am sure they will as they shot a lot of footage for the nice 5 or 6 DVD set that the WS winner gets. THey'll have to do something with all that work that was done.

The WS highlights will be pretty sparse though.

It wasn't Meijer that put it out, it was MLB, who sold it at Meijer, at first. I am sure they will as they shot a lot of footage for the nice 5 or 6 DVD set that the WS winner gets. THey'll have to do something with all that work that was done.

The WS highlights will be pretty sparse though.

They were pretty sparse in the '06 DVD as well, from what I recall.

Hope there is a DVD for this year. As crummy as it ended, there are plenty of memories I'd like to recall.

They may not do a DVD, as 2006 was just a very special season and 2012 is going to be looled at as a letdown by a lot of people.

I remember asking the Tigers' marketing guy (IIRC) after 2011 if they'd get a DVD and he told me only teams that went to the WS got DVDs. So they might get one for 2012.

They were pretty sparse in the '06 DVD as well, from what I recall.

Hope there is a DVD for this year. As crummy as it ended, there are plenty of memories I'd like to recall.

The '06 DVD gave very, very, very little time to the World Series. In fact, it covered the Tigers Game 2 win, showed Inge striking out, and that was that.

Of course, 2006 had an exceptionally compelling story. I don't even know why they would make a 2012 DVD.

I agree with Mr. Malefic that the 2012 season was not a very interesting story. They were a big budget 88-win team who struggled to win a weak division. The playoffs were fun, but the season as a whole was nothing like 2006 as far as providing great memories.