stanpapi

Marty Castillo Appearance (not a joke)....

WOW, I never expected to see this happen. Needless to say I will be purchasing advanced tickets.

If anyone is heading to this, I'd be willing to exchange help in getting my card signed (with my $25 of course), for spring training help. PM me if anyone is interested.

Edited by Dirk Diggler

The LAST Tiger I need on an 84 Donruss. Once I get this I'll have every Topps, Donruss, Fleer, and Wave card signed!

The LAST Tiger I need on an 84 Donruss. Once I get this I'll have every Topps, Donruss, Fleer, and Wave card signed!

A lot of Tiger collectors are in similiar circumstances, missing only Castillo on their items.

Ha, actually, I forgot about Denny. Thanks for the reminder. I never got LeFlore, so I guess this will be my second felon....

I just ordered my advanced tickets. I purchased 6 - two team signed programs, two team signed balls, one Sports Illustrated and one extra. I still say I will believe this signing is happening only after all my items are signed. Anybody else order advanced tickets yet?

I ordered mine and I'm also under the same notion that I will not believe it until I shake his hand on November 24th.

During his baseball career Castillo seemed to have perfect timing, but after he left the game his life has been less fortunate. One of the most likable members of Detroit’s ’84 Championship team, Castillo has had little to no contact with his former teammates since leaving baseball. He has bounced from job to job after unsuccessfully trying to secure a position in professional baseball. In 1999 he was convicted of assault and battery against his wife and spent time in jail. Late in 2011 another domestic incident allegedly occurred and he currently faces similar charges. A criminal trial is pending in Florida and Castillo faces prison time if convicted. Castillo's out of jail but was found quilty by jery verdict, public records show he spent 8 months in jail in Georgia then was transfered to a Florida jail Castillo plead out of court. Public records show his wife filed for a divorce after many years of abuse. Hopefully Castillo will get some help. LOL. Former ’84 Tiger Castillo faces more charges, jail time | Detroit Athletic Co. Blog

don't do a mail order with Castillo

reports that Marty Castillo

HAD HIS BROTHER SIGNING HIS AUTOGRAPH IN THE PAST!

I ordered my advanced tickets two days ago and then I remembered today the Ohio State Michigan game is that day at noon. Why would they schedule a signing that day same........... CRAP-O-LA !!!

Look KC, you never know. The promoters probably have to work around his work release program and probation officer......:silly:

don't do a mail order with Castillo

reports that Marty Castillo

HAD HIS BROTHER SIGNING HIS AUTOGRAPH IN THE PAST!

No, mail orders would be fine too through the signing. TTM requests would be where it is a risk of having a ghost signer. That is unless Castillo pulls a Jose Canseco and has his brother impersonate him at the actual signing.

I've thought for a while about this and I think I'm going to pass on it. I'm ok that I don't have him on any of my 84 tiger stuff. I have other things to do tomorrow and frankly, I"m not all that convinced he's going to show up anyway. Those of you that go will have to post your experiences. I'm sure it will be interesting.

I'm in line and they say he is in the building. Again, I'll believe it when all my stuff is signed. They sold at least 400 tickets and I'm sure there will be lots of walk ups. I would assume a fair amount of mail in.

He is here and starting early. I'm in shock.

That's great news! I mailed my card in a few weeks ago. I decided against sending the Sports Illustrated with him on the cover.