KCFITZ78

Miguel Cabrera, Triple Crown, Sports Illustrated

Anyone seen a Miguel Cabrera, Triple Crown, Sports Illustrated as of yet?

Is Sports Illustrated waiting for the MVP award to be announced?

Anyone seen a Miguel Cabrera, Triple Crown, Sports Illustrated as of yet?

Is Sports Illustrated waiting for the MVP award to be announced?

The week after he won, they had NFL refs on the front. :(

Cabrera and his quest for the triple crown was highlighted in an article in the 10/1 issue of SI (page 31), BUT...

...us Tiger fans are not happy with the results. While it features a 1 1/4 page of Miggy batting, the article makes the case for Mike Trout getting the MVP, claiming that "the award is about more about hitting." The article also claims that JV should win his second consecutive Cy Young award.

This article was written after the final Sunday of the season when Miggy had 42 homers and 133 RBIs, but obviously before the season ended. Unless I missed it, there was no follow up article after he actually won the award. You would think that an event that has not happened for 47 years would get more prominent coverage.

Cabrera and his quest for the triple crown was highlighted in an article in the 10/1 issue of SI (page 31), BUT...

...us Tiger fans are not happy with the results. While it features a 1 1/4 page of Miggy batting, the article makes the case for Mike Trout getting the MVP, claiming that "the award is about more about hitting." The article also claims that JV should win his second consecutive Cy Young award.

This article was written after the final Sunday of the season when Miggy had 42 homers and 133 RBIs, but obviously before the season ended. Unless I missed it, there was no follow up article after he actually won the award. You would think that an event that has not happened for 47 years would get more prominent coverage.

If he were a Yank it would be ALL over.

I stand (slightly) corrected.

In the 10/15 issue of SI there was a one square inch photo of Miggy (page 18) next to one paragraph that mentions his Triple Crown victory. It also compares the rarity of the event (last one 45 years ago, not 47 that I stated above) with other feats that have happened since Yaz accomplished this in 1967: 3 Horse Racing Triple Crowns, 13 100-meter world records, 15 perfect games, and 6 moon landings. So why, if this is so rare, did it not get more "ink" in SI?

John above is right...If he were a Yank it would be All Over.

Mine usually arrives in the mail on Tuesday or Wednesday but not yet this week. I haven't checked any stores yet but will tomorrow.

If anybody is is not able to acquire this regional issue, I will offer the same deal I made with the JV cover last year. PM me for info.

I picked up three at Barnes and Noble this morning. Also, got suckered into buying the $15 World Series program. I'm sure they will be available at TigerFest 2014-2020 for $1 at the Foundation tent.

Cabrera is on the new (April) Sports Illustrated Kids cover, and the issue also has a nice Miggy poster.

221698.jpg

221697.jpg