IdahoBert

I really hate the Cardinals

When we get past the Yankees, I would rather face St. Louis than Washington or the Giants.

They're not good on paper but man they have that luck factor.

I'd much rather face the Giants.

Plus and minus either way. Time zone adjustments in cross country series seem to be tougher for the east zone team than the west one. On the other hand, being warmer probably would help the Tigs, who seem to be a bad cold weather team

I hate the Cardinals as well and as much as I'd love to get revenge for 06 I'd feel safer playing SF because I think we match up better with them. They have a great pitching staff but we've beaten up some pretty good pitchers in the past and struggled with bad ones so I don't think that matters much to us. I'd rather face the much weaker offense of SF.

I actually like the Cardinals. My favorite NL team and I root for them to win.

I don't like or root for them when they play the Tigers, however.

My love for the Cards took a severe nosedive in '06, but came back after pouting for a few years. Now that it's down to the four teams my "YAY!" is more like "yay."

I also like the Cardinals because they are my father's favorite team and watching them is a big part of his life at 88. Of course, I always remind him that they were lucky to be in the playoffs as a wildcard the last two years!

As someone who roots for the Brewers as my NL team, as someone who is still bitter from 2006, and as someone who has to put up with their trashy fans on a daily basis, I also really hate the Cardinals.

Yet I want them to win the NL pennant, because my friend's company has season tickets and therefore playoff tickets, and if it's a Cards/Tigers World Series, I will go to at least one of the games for free.

Their uniforms are really cool and classy too. .

The bird on the bat is one of best logos in sports.

The bird on the bat is one of best logos in sports.

If you beat those birds with that bat, the bat would break then they'd hit a homerun with it

Just to prove I'm more bitter than anybody else:

I'm still mad at them for not even putting up a fight in the '04 series.

(actually, for some reason I don't hate them at all I just thought I'd join in on the fun)

Tigers vs. Cardinals in the World Series would have to be the first time two teams under 90 wins meet each other in the Fall Classic. That being said, I hope it's the Cardinals. We need to get revenge on this team for '34 and '06.

The Cardinals indirectly help pay the bills in this house, and I let my wife get away with being a dork about it, but... That is about where it ends... Only the Cards come back from being down 6 in the 7th in a game 5... Blah.

I wouldn't mind some revenge for 2006 in the WS and to take the crown away from them.

I would love it but knowing how opponents perform against them our pitching would collapse and the offense would go into complete shutdown mode.

Just can't let Freese or Beltran beat you.

call me crazy but if we were to win the AL only to lose to the Cardinals again... I'd rather not win the AL. Obviously no way to know that ahead of time but the point is winning the AL wouldn't be worth the cost of losing to them. It would off set the fun.

The sad thing is the Cardinals were my favorite NL team growing up. Probably because they won so many pennants in the 80's so I could watch them on TV.

call me crazy but if we were to win the AL only to lose to the Cardinals again... I'd rather not win the AL.

Blah,..... that is crazy.

But a part of me is glad OSU is ineligible for the bowls this season because they could possibly make the national championship and get blown out by the SEC 52-7, so I guess I get it.

The Cardinals are the scumbag fratboy who waits outside the bar at 2 am waiting for the drunk girl to stumble out.

but somehow when they wake up in the morning, she's hot and cooking them breakfast