KleShreen

Ndamukong Suh

I am not surprised a vast majority of 18 to 21 year old males do not handle fame or fortune particularly well. That doesn't mean the vast majority of professional athletes are just like children or are bad citizens.

What does this have to do with anything?

Colts coach: Lions' Ndamukong Suh plays the game how it's 'supposed to be played' | Detroit Lions | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Indianapolis Colts interim coach Bruce Arians has nothing but high praise for Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh.

In a conference call with Detroit reporters today, Arians said Suh does it the right way on the football field and said he doesn’t think Suh's reputation as a dirty player is deserved.

“No, I don’t buy into that stuff,” Arians said. “He plays football the way the game’s supposed to be played.”

Arians even exonerated Suh for his kick to Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub’s groin on Thanksgiving.

“I kind of agree with the commissioner,” Arians said. “I don’t see how you can say anything about intent. He’s looking the other direction. It is football.”

Because I still like watching the finest-tuned athletes in the world play a game at a high level? Not sure what the point of this is. That doesn't change that many are scumbags with a self-centered attitude.

YOU are not sure what the point is? Imagine how I feel reading six pages of rants.

If you like watching pro athletes compete, you're just going to have to accept the fact that they're full of testosterone and that's going to lead some of them to be jerks.

NFL - Week 13 preview - Ndamukong Suh's decline greatly exaggerated - ESPN

Here's a good article from ESPN insider. For those that aren't subscribers, it basically talks about how much better he looks on film than the stat sheets because of all the double teams he takes on. Basically the same kinda things that Suh supporters have been saying all season.

NFL - Week 13 preview - Ndamukong Suh's decline greatly exaggerated - ESPN

Here's a good article from ESPN insider. For those that aren't subscribers, it basically talks about how much better he looks on film than the stat sheets because of all the double teams he takes on. Basically the same kinda things that Suh supporters have been saying all season.

So IOW, the Lion's DE's are even worse than we think as they cannot dominate even with Suh tying up everyone on the inside.

So IOW, the Lion's DE's are even worse than we think as they cannot dominate even with Suh tying up everyone on the inside.

According to the article they say that Fairley and our LBs are the ones that benefit most from Suh, but I'm sure the DE has to as well to some extent.

This seems right to me. I don't think DeMarcus Ware or JPP would have let Luck drop back a dozen times in the last three minutes, down two scores, and not bring him down at least once.

Wow... maybe the real media bias isn't political, but rather than anti-Lion...

Lions' Suh won't be punished by league - Yahoo! Sports

Headline:

Lions' Suh won't be punished by league

Well that sounds good, right? I mean the story will probably mention how the Colts claim he did something, but the Lions said he didn't and there's no evidence to support the Colts, so we should probably assume he didn't unless we have proof he did, right?

Here's the first line of the story:

Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh won't be punished for his latest brush with brutality, ESPN.com reported, citing a league source.

Never mention that Suh denies doing it or that other Lions said it didn't happen. We'll quote McGylnn and put his full comments in there. The closest they come to telling the Lions side of the story is quoting Schwartz as saying there showed up on the coaches film.

So I was driving home last night after picking my kids up from an event they were at last night. I was listing to the Hill and Schlerth radio show. They played an interview with McGlynn. Of course one of the questions ends up being about Suh and the supposed incident. McGlynn said: "I don't know if he was aware that our man was injured or not, but he was standing there celebrating and I took exception to that."

Now, that's pretty different from his earlier comments:

"Just childish stuff. ... I don't know if the hit was legal or not, but clearly he was hurt, and they're out there dancing and pointing at him and laughing. Just blatant disrespect."

It sounds like McGlynn was just worked up, saw the other side celebrating a good play and saw his man hurt, got angry and jumped to conclusions. Now, on one hand this is understandable. Heat of battle, tempers flared, close game... I totally get why you might get angry there and have some words with Suh.

However, I would also hope that a player in the NFL would realize that in the heat of battle he is going to effected by this things and that he would step back after the game and re-evaluate before he started throwing out what appears to be baseless accusations in the media. In fact... to not do this might almost be describe as... childish?

On a different forum, someone started a thread titled "Should Suh be fined/suspended for his actions against Green Bay on December 9th?"

I laughed.

I have never seen an NFL player taunt or talk trash to another NFL player.

Which didn't eve happen in this case, they were celebrating the interception at a key point in the game. He's just trying to find anything to hate Suh for.

I am also sure no NFL defensive player has ever said anything to a guy he just blew the f*** up.

EDIT: Not having played in the NFL nor having no access to the NFL, I have no clue what is said on the field. But I could easily see guys bragging that their hit resulted in an oppenent being carted off.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

Of course one of the questions ends up being about Suh and the supposed incident. McGlynn said: "I don't know if he was aware that our man was injured or not, but he was standing there celebrating and I took exception to that."......

...However, I would also hope that a player in the NFL would realize that in the heat of battle he is going to effected by this things and that he would step back after the game and re-evaluate before he started throwing out what appears to be baseless accusations in the media. In fact... to not do this might almost be describe as... childish?

Maybe this is a crap analogy, but the complaining reminds me some experiences I have had playing pick-up sports. I've played pick-up basketball, soccer and ice hockey during pretty much my entire adult life (I am pushing 40 now).

There is always a dude or two that play aggressive / chippy, and there are always 4 or 5 guys that take exception to it. After this is established, and the guys who take exception get to know one another's position well, they often grouse about the chippy player(s) after the game. Invariably they overstate the dirtiness of his play to make their dislike of the guy sound more reasonable / justified. And it seemingly only gets worse as familiarity grows.

I don't want to defend the chippy guy (because he is often a douche), but it seems to me pretty easy to overstate how dirty such a players play is, and it is also easy to assume intent on plays that were almost certainly accidents or bad luck.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

What an absolute chickenshit piece of garbage article.

As bad as the anonymous GM.. Wonder who the player is..

Part of me hopes it is Titus Young with the full heel turn, trying to cause trouble.

What a ****show.

Nah. What player just loves to foghorn on and on to the media about "what it takes to win" (as if he himself has a clue about it)? Criticizing fans, teammates, the media, as if he has some idea about what it takes to win.

This guy has lengthy pillow-talk smooch sessions with the media every single day and is well-known for shooting his mouth off, so you just know some of the media morons said, "come on, tell us what you really think of Suh, we'll keep it off the record," etc etc.

He's ripped other teammates on the record but those were guys who were already headed out the door. He ain't gonna rip Suh in public because Suh is going nowhere soon and also he has to face him on the practice field -- this guy gets tossed around like a rag doll by AVERAGE NFL defensive linemen, god knows what Suh would do to him if he went at him full tilt. They'd be picking bits and pieces of him up all over Allen Park.

Edited by TJ