KleShreen

Ndamukong Suh

Detroit Lions' Ndamukong Suh accused of verbal abuse after allegedly sideswiping a car | MLive.com

Can we cut this clown yet? Liability on the field, almost zero production, liability off the field. Check, check, check. I'd be fine without him.

How do posts like these happen. Our DT at worst is a bad driver. Who cares? Cut him? No production? 17 sacks in his first 35 games for a DT is no production? Holy Crap.

Nobody draws a double team every play, I get that, but he's the guy opposing offenses focus on, who they gameplan around.

What evidence do we have of that? And if they gameplan around him, they do a damn good job of it. So much of a good job that Suh should probably adjust.

We'll see how he does against the Bears. They need a huge game from him and Fairly in order to win.

I'd like our DEs to get more sacks, but overall I don't have a problem with how impactful our DL has been this year and I think Suh has been the best of the bunch. Fairly and Avril really need to step it up though. Fairly did start to this past game.

I thought Suh was extremely dominant against the Bears.

He was a beast last night. Two players who were particularly bad last night thought: Avril and KVB. I love that KVB tries hard, but my god is he ineffective on the field.

The DEs as a whole have been pretty underwhelming thus far, the 2 you mentioned especially. I honestly feel like Suh has been damn good in every game so far this year though. Possible exception being Tennessee I guess, but I think he is the main reason our D is playing well so far.

The DEs as a whole have been pretty underwhelming thus far, the 2 you mentioned especially. I honestly feel like Suh has been damn good in every game so far this year though. Possible exception being Tennessee I guess, but I think he is the main reason our D is playing well so far.

Him and Fairley look real good together. Excited about those 2.

I want a freak DE in the draft, someone like Peppers or JPP..

Him and Fairley look real good together. Excited about those 2.

I want a freak DE in the draft, someone like Peppers or JPP..

J P Patches?

jp.jpg

Not surprisingly, Suh voted most dirty player in NFL:

Lions

According to a Sporting News poll of 103 NFL players on 27 teams, Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has been voted the dirtiest player in the National Football League, receiving 31.6 percent of the total vote.

Now, I certainly agree that Suh has created much of his problem. You're already dealing with too many people, fans and players, questioning your "dirtiness," and then you stomp a guy in the middle of a nationally televised game. Every single person now has no question that you are dirty. It will take forever and a day before he can get past this reputation.

For example, here's a line from the story:

"Suh. He hasn't done anything crazy (this year). The type of hits he puts on quarterbacks, the way he finishes guys—some of them are legal, but a lot of them I'd say are over the top." —NFC defensive player

What has he done this year? I can think of one and only one instance where he laid a massive hit on someone, Cutler in the Bears game. And it was a completely legal hit. Yes, he landed on him rough, but wasn't even that he went out of his way to do it. He was just doing his best to get Cutler down and he landed hard on him.

Gl9MEqIRwjM

But of course Suh has his reputation now... it won't matter if his hits are legal... he's a dirty player and everyone "knows" it, even if he hasn't had any questionable plays this year, he still has.

I think these "polls" are ridiculous. And I am sick of all the "anonymous" comments at the Lions, not just Suh. What a bunch of cowards

Lions are targetted. Not Suh but still, Suh has not been fined or anything else so far this year. Like he was last year. He is young. Give him time to mature. This is only his third year.

LOL... new media report is that he blew off his Wednesday presser and was seen having words with Lions PR person about his stats... oh boy..

I think Suh is playing really well right now. He could use some help at DE. In fact, he was used as a DE against the Vikes.

Oh no a traffic ticket!!!!!!!!!

If you can't see how frequently getting in trouble with the law is a bad precursor for things to come in the future, then I don't know what to tell you. I don't care if it's for not wearing a seat belt or being five over on the speed limit, if it keeps happening once a month, there's a major problem there. I mean, I don't even have the money to hire a driver and I also am not in the public spotlight, but I still have managed to not been pulled over for anything in about eight years now. Someone give me millions of dollars.

If you can't see how frequently getting in trouble with the law is a bad precursor for things to come in the future, then I don't know what to tell you. I don't care if it's for not wearing a seat belt or being five over on the speed limit, if it keeps happening once a month, there's a major problem there. I mean, I don't even have the money to hire a driver and I also am not in the public spotlight, but I still have managed to not been pulled over for anything in about eight years now. Someone give me millions of dollars.

Because traffic tickets aren't a "major problem" or precursor to violence, theft, or whatever else you're freaking out about.

And you're just being completely ridiculous. Whiny, entitled sports fan.

Meh... I'm not sure I agree 100% with this KleShreen. On one hand I do agree that someone who routinely runs a foul with the law, even on minor things, is a bad thing. If you're routinely break the law and getting arrested it's a sign that you have some issues going on.

But traffic incidents are a different story in my opinion. First of all, they are very minor, minor "crimes." There's a reason most applications ask about any legal issues except traffic violations. Many people are involved in traffic issues regularly. If you're buddy walks up to you and says: Hey, I just got pulled over for speeding (or whatever), do you think less of him? Do you go: "Wow... I don't even know this person!"

Second, I think it's a very typical for the average Joe to get a little more aggressive behind the wheel. I'm not by nature an aggressive person but I do definitely feel more that way in a car. I'm sure 95% of the swearing I do is when I'm behind the wheel.

So I really not overtly worried that piling up traffic tickets is an indicated of legal, behavior, or authority issues like I would if he was routinely getting into trouble for drugs or fighting or drinking excessively.

Now, that said, I do this is still a problem and one that if isn't corrected does show some negative light on Suh. For one, these aren't going 65 in a 50 zone or failing to come to a complete stop. Suh was traveling at 46 miles over the limit! That's dangerous. Twice he was involved in accidents. This is showing a lack of ability to be smart and if it keeps happening shows a lack of judgement on his part. Which of course makes one wonder if that's carrying onto the field.

I think DTroppens first brought it up re: the groin kick: "No way it could be intentionally... no one would be THAT stupid in a nationally televised game again, would they?" Well, someone who's not smart enough not to drive 91 in a 55 zone might, right?

Because traffic tickets aren't a "major problem" or precursor to violence, theft, or whatever else you're freaking out about.

And you're just being completely ridiculous. Whiny, entitled sports fan.

I'm glad someone of your "stature" on the board has the go-ahead to be insulting on a regular basis with no provocation and with no repercussions.

You are being whiny. If pointing that out is against the site rules then I apologize but that's what you're doing. You can make a much better argument than going all "why don't I get paid millions of dollars I never get speeding tickets boohoo"... when you take that route it's really hard to take anything in that post seriously. Just my two cents.

You are being whiny. If pointing that out is against the site rules then I apologize but that's what you're doing. You can make a much better argument than going all "why don't I get paid millions of dollars I never get speeding tickets boohoo"... when you take that route it's really hard to take anything in that post seriously. Just my two cents.

Well therein lies your problem. If you had read the entire post, which it seems you did considering you analyzed it so fully, you would see that that was not the point of my post. The point of my post being that frequent run-ins with the law, no matter how minor, is a troubling trend that seems to have no sign of slowing down anytime soon. Between that and him also apparently not having the wherewithal to know that everything he does is under a microscope leads me to come to a fairly easy conclusion of assuming these problems will continue and only get worse and that something like that is fairly easy to carry over to the playing field. Considering both his on-field and off-field actions, I don't see where any of my comments are out of line or warrant being called "whiny," because I feel like I have a pretty strong case behind what I say.

I'd love to see some sort of connection between traffic tickets and any sort of other "major problems". So what are you saying, he's going to keep getting traffic tickets?? So what? Or is it your point that it's going to lead to even worse problems? Robbery? Violence? What? And if that is your point, then no, I don't think you have much of a case at all, in any way.

On the field, Since last Thanksgiving, Suh has had 3 offsides penalties and zero personal fouls. That isn't exactly damning proof that he's going to keep getting in trouble. He went 16 games without incident, and this one doesn't appear to have any substance to it, other than the media trying to make it a big deal because that's how they make their money.