RedRamage

...and if you believe that, I've got some dirt to sell you!

MLB selling commemorative dirt from Miguel Cabrera's Triple Crown clincher | Detroit Tigers | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

So MLB is selling dirt from the batters box in which Cabrera stood while the Triple Crown was won. Huh?

I love this line from the Freep.com story:

It might be important to note here that this dirt is from when Cabrera completed the Triple Crown; that is, when he went 0-for-2 with a strikeout and a flyout in Wednesday's 1-0 win.

I think this is perhaps the one disappointing aspect of the way in which Cabby won the crown. The defining moment of the events wasn't a homerun or even a hit. Heck, it really wasn't even when he was at bat. The defining moment was when Granderson was pinch-hit for in the Yankees game. Okay, a few years or even months from now it'll be no big deal. But right now there isn't that moment that I can "replay" and get the goose bumps again. This isn't like Maggs HR to send the Tigers to the World Series in 2006. This isn't the last out of a no-hitter.

Oh well, like I said, a few months no biggie.

These are being offered directly from the Tigers as well. An email was sent out from Marc at Tigers Authentics with 3 different items he was offering directly from the Tigers. If you'd like 3 pieces of the playing surface with a pic of Miggy, you can go with this for "only" $375.....

90.jpg

I'd be curious to learn of the fool who purchases it.

Raises hand. Having some of the dirt from the box he was stepping on the last game of the year with the TC embedded in a plaque seemed cool to me. 39.95

But wait...This sounds like a bad infomercial and makes MLB look cheesy. Maybe his jock is for sale too.