Sign in to follow this  
NeedMoreLike84

Drew Henson hired as a coach for the Yankees

I wonder if a flame-out can better relate to and understand a not insignificant subset of players than the 'pull yourself up by your bootstaps' type that often constitutes managers and coaches.

Yankees bring back Drew Henson as Rookie League coach - NYPOST.com

This is my favorite quote:

Yes. He had two giant, high-profile failures and is still set for life.

should have stayed with football and put in his time to learn the mental end to being an NFL QB. He had Elway level (i.e. truly rare) ability to make throws on a football field that could have set him apart. He was never more than just another prospect on a diamond.

should have stayed with football and put in his time to learn the mental end to being an NFL QB. He had Elway level (i.e. truly rare) ability to make throws on a football field that could have set him apart. He was never more than just another prospect on a diamond.

Very true. I still believe he would have won the Heisman if he stayed at Michigan, and could have been a great NFL player. By the time he came back to football with Dallas, that opportunity was over. Can't blame him for leaving to take the money, but damn you Steinbrenner.

I don't know, he made more than $18 million and did not take a beating for it. Don't blame him, blame the suckers that overpaid.

he had record setting power in high school, so I wouldn't say he never had a chance. They never really know if the kid can hit a curveball until they throw him out there, Drew couldn't

King George wouldn't let him play his senior year after signing with the NYY as he beat osu the previous year with some great throws in Ohio Stadium. He and his dad should have held out for that at least.

People who saw him play for the Columbus Clippers said every time he came to bat the Columbus fans booed him unmercifully! They are an amazing piece of work!

People who saw him play for the Columbus Clippers said every time he came to bat the Columbus fans booed him unmercifully! They are an amazing piece of work!

He could have said "I wish I had a dollar for everyone of you who boo me.....oh wait, I DO! "

I don't know, he made more than $18 million and did not take a beating for it. Don't blame him, blame the suckers that overpaid.

I don't blame him at all. I just take exception to the idea that he has been through "a lot." My family is from Brighton and while I don't know him I know some of his buddies and he never really went through much.

I don't blame him at all. I just take exception to the idea that he has been through "a lot." My family is from Brighton and while I don't know him I know some of his buddies and he never really went through much.

I would agree. He got hyped by the machine and he and his family milked it. Nothing wrong with that.

He could've been great if he had picked just one sport and focused all his time and energy into it. He was never fully committed to either baseball or football.