jimtigers65

1962 Ford Detroit Tiger postcards

While surfing the internet I found a listing for 1962 Ford Detroit Tiger postcards. What I like about these are the Ford vehicles in the background. Does anyone know about this set? This set has 17 cards in it but failed to include Kaline or Cash. I wonder why? I do have one of these postcards (Larry Osborne). I sent a auto request to him a couple years ago and he included the postcard. Does anyone have any of these?

I have only one and I think it is Osborne also. Would like them all but they are a little salty!! :silly:

In the mail today, my fourth 1962 Ford Postcard (Ron Nischwitz) which I purchased from ebay.

I wrote the living Tigers that were featured on this set to ask about the set. Jim Bunning replied saying that the photos were taken in spring training when Ford brought in some new vehicles to Lakeland. Terry Fox even sent me an autograph postcard from this set saying he found a couple at his house (that was pretty cool on his part). I picked up a Don Mossi and sent a TTM to him.

In the mail today, my fourth 1962 Ford Postcard (Ron Nischwitz) which I purchased from ebay.

I wrote the living Tigers that were featured on this set to ask about the set. Jim Bunning replied saying that the photos were taken in spring training when Ford brought in some new vehicles to Lakeland. Terry Fox even sent me an autograph postcard from this set saying he found a couple at his house (that was pretty cool on his part). I picked up a Don Mossi and sent a TTM to him.

Very cool! When are you going to start working on that Glendale Meats set? :lick:

That is so cool!

While surfing the internet I found a listing for 1962 Ford Detroit Tiger postcards. What I like about these are the Ford vehicles in the background. Does anyone know about this set? This set has 17 cards in it but failed to include Kaline or Cash. I wonder why? I do have one of these postcards (Larry Osborne). I sent a auto request to him a couple years ago and he included the postcard. Does anyone have any of these?

Send me a PM or email with your address!

Complete checklist, cards have no card numbers:

1962 Ford Detroit Tiger Postcards

Hank Aguirre

Steve Boros

Dick Brown

Jim Bunning

Phil Cavarretta (coach)

Rocky Colavito

Terry Fox

Purnal Goldy (shown below)

Jack Homel (trainer)

Ron Kline

Don Mossi

George Myatt (coach)

Ron Nischwitz

Larry Osbourne

Phil Regan

Mike Roark

59831-8Fr.jpg

Dave,

I run a search on ebay each night to see if one of these are listed. The only ones that I see are Mossi, Osbourne, Boros and Fox. I guess that is why everyone has a wantlist.

Jim

I run a search on ebay each night to see if one of these are listed. The only ones that I see are Mossi, Osbourne, Boros and Fox. I guess that is why everyone has a wantlist.

Maybe the others had a very limited run. Who do you still need?

Have anyone seen these postcards at Detroit area sports shows? I usually run a check on ebay each day to see if a new one has surfaced but with no luck.  

Picked up another Osbourne autograph postcard on ebay (this one made out to Chris). Just curious to my Tiger collectors in Michigan; do these postcards pop up at local shows?