AT

4913361860_d3dbc3e09f.jpg

Date: Saturday, September 15th, 2012

Time: 8:00pm EST

Television Broadcast Provided by:

ABC

Radio Broadcast Provided by:

Michigan State Radio | Spartan Sports Network | Big Ten Radio

“My only feeling about superstition is that it's unlucky to be behind at the end of the game”

Duffy Daugherty

1173613_o.gif

Well done Bubba.

First question, has there been any confirmation on the Fou Fonoti injury. For those not in the know, Fonoti reportedly has a stress fracture in his foot that will require surgery. Thank God Burkland came back when he did, now if the staff can just get him back up to speed???

Talking to my brother, he said Fou is on crutches. Sounds like confirmation. OT just became a potential position of concern. Need Burkland (who frankly was as good a tackle as we had at this time 12 months ago), to be ready and to be ready now.

Wow wasn't expecting that score. Thought it would be closer. Expecting Michigan to lose by 35 now with the D.

Talking to my brother, he said Fou is on crutches. Sounds like confirmation. OT just became a potential position of concern. Need Burkland (who frankly was as good a tackle as we had at this time 12 months ago), to be ready and to be ready now.

Looks like we got an answer to the above question. Offensive line was an absolute travesty tonight. Burkland just isn't back yet. I knew we were in trouble the moment I saw Chris McDonald taking snaps at RT.

Our offense was terrible. Can't win games with 3 points. Not sure if it's Maxwell that was afraid to throw down the field or if it was Roushar that was too afraid to send people down the field. I wonder what his passing breakdown was in terms of behind the line, within 5 yards, 5 to 10, 10+. I would guess 80% was within 5 yards of the line.

Our defense played well, but we didn't do a good job of playing responsibility football. The cutback lanes were exposed and I don't know where Denicos Allen is this season, but he went from dynamic to disappearing. However, if our Offense comes to play, we win and our D is not the problem.

1. When everyone not named "Dion Sims" can't catch the damn ball, you would think that maybe you would put someone in the game who has actually played WR before, and at a reasonably decent level (ie, WHERE THE HELL WAS DEANTHONY ARNETT?)

2. Valenti pretty much said the same thing, but I give this team two weeks. If we still look this god awful against an OSU team thats probably not nearly as good as ND, then we're done. I know the entire big ten still looks like garbage, but unless our D pitches a shutout (with a safety thrown in), I'm not sure how we're gonna win any games on the road (Madison and Ann Arbor in particular).

3. Which one of the three stooges (mumphrey, fowler, or lippett) dropped the TD pass in the first quarter? Besides that, the missed 44 yard FG (with a hold on the play to boot), and the punt from the ND 35 yard line (resulting in a touchback, net 15 yard punt), all mind boggling plays in the early goings, I know we were screwed. We had zero points, and three opportunities for much more. 14-3 at halftime could have been a tie game, or better yet, a lead, with us receiving after halftime. But then we had one play in ND territory the entire second half, and it was from their 48 yard line. We also only attempted 2 rushes in the second half. Collosal breakdown across the board. Didn't take advantage of the few chances we had.

4. Roushar is horrible.

5. Our OL is worse.

6. Our WRs are even worse yet.

7. I don't remember what a completed pass looks like.

8. It was varsity vs JV in the trenches. Boy is it frustrating that ND can suck for a decade plus and still pluck that kind of talent.