TheCouga

Romney finished

Foreign Policy Hands Voice Disbelief At Romney Cairo Statement

It's over. This guy's unfit to be President. Even the Republicans are abandoning him on this.

"They were just trying to score a cheap news cycle hit based on the embassy statement and now it’s just completely blown up," said a very senior Republican foreign policy hand, who called the statement an "utter disaster" and a "Lehman moment" — a parallel to the moment when John McCain, amid the 2008 financial crisis, failed to come across as a steady leader.

Romney and Foreign Policy | The Page by Mark Halperin | TIME.com

Unless the Romney campaign has gamed this crisis out in some manner completely invisible to the Gang of 500, his doubling down on criticism of the President for the statement coming out of Cairo is likely to be seen as one of the most craven and ill-advised tactical moves in this entire campaign.

Read more: Romney and Foreign Policy | The Page by Mark Halperin | TIME.com

Mitt

Insta-consensus: Mitt statement a blunder - POLITICO.com

Where was the President going when he said that?

Obama apologizes first and later.... well, there's blackjack.

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean.

You don't even know the story. You just go by what Rush and Sean and Glenn tell you.

Like Romney said, it's never to early to condemn terrorist attacks. So I'd say Obama was the one unpresidential in his handling of the crisis. And I don't give a crap what an unnamed senior Republican said.

Like Romney said, it's never to early to condemn terrorist attacks. So I'd say Obama was the one unpresidential in his handling of the crisis. And I don't give a crap what an unnamed senior Republican said.

Romney didn't condemn the terrorist attacks. He blamed Obama for the Egyptian embassy's response to the protests. The embassy's response came before the terrorist attacks, and yet Romney tried to say that the embassy's response to the protests was really a response to the bombing, and to blame it on Obama in one giant, embarrassingly dishonest game of trying to score political points off a national tragedy on 9/11.

Shame on Romney.

It's ironic that a thread bashing Romney for taking advantage of a tragedy for political purposes is titled "Romney Finished", but no thread of "Tragedy in Cairo and Libya" is to be found.

EDIT: I see now the Black Flag thread is about the attacks.

Edited by ben9753

You don't even know the story. You just go by what Rush and Sean and Glenn tell you.

The President is on his way to Vegas baby.... priorities. Who needs intelligence and security briefings. "Have to get to bed early to get up to talk to DJ The Limp Pimp on the Morning Zoo. After that it's Vanity Fair, then People... maybe say something to reporters, but damn it, do not dare ask me any questions. Save those for Mitt. And make sure you together ahead of time to get your questions straight. Have to keep the narrative focused. I know I can count on you."

I have no idea when or what channel those 3 guys are on so try again sunshine.

I look to see this in January 2017.

Otherwise this is some wishful thinking on the OP author's part.

Romney didn't condemn the terrorist attacks. He blamed Obama for the Egyptian embassy's response to the protests. The embassy's response came before the terrorist attacks, and yet Romney tried to say that the embassy's response to the protests was really a response to the bombing, and to blame it on Obama in one giant, embarrassingly dishonest game of trying to score political points off a national tragedy on 9/11.

Shame on Romney.

Politics? Thanks to consumers like you the biggest thing they can talk about today is Romney and how he played politics. That's laughable, how many questions did Obama take today? At least NPR was talking about the Obama administration's continued mixed signals this afternoon, wondering about US aid and if the embassy had beefed up security for 9/11.

It's stunning how criticizing the president when he fails miserably became 'playing politics' and 'being un-american' and all of that. I know it started when Bush was president not Obama, but it's still garbage today. If you disagree with what Romney said, then debate him on the issues, the fact is that regardless of what you think he was making a legitimate and imo accurate critique of Obama's "foreign policy" and it's endless failures w/r/t the middle east.

But if this is so beyond the pale, what did you think about every major democrat and liberal during the Iraq war? Or the Afghanistan war? Or Vietnam? Deplorable behavior to be sure, why they just put politics ahead of the lives of our brave lads overseas. How dare they.

It's stunning how criticizing the president when he fails miserably became 'playing politics' and 'being un-american' and all of that. I know it started when Bush was president not Obama, but it's still garbage today. If you disagree with what Romney said, then debate him on the issues, the fact is that regardless of what you think he was making a legitimate and imo accurate critique of Obama's "foreign policy" and it's endless failures w/r/t the middle east.

But if this is so beyond the pale, what did you think about every major democrat and liberal during the Iraq war? Or the Afghanistan war? Or Vietnam? Deplorable behavior to be sure, why they just put politics ahead of the lives of our brave lads overseas. How dare they.

Romney wasn't just criticizing...he was lying.

The President is on his way to Vegas baby.... priorities. Who needs intelligence and security briefings. "Have to get to bed early to get up to talk to DJ The Limp Pimp on the Morning Zoo. After that it's Vanity Fair, then People... maybe say something to reporters, but damn it, do not dare ask me any questions. Save those for Mitt. And make sure you together ahead of time to get your questions straight. Have to keep the narrative focused. I know I can count on you."

I have no idea when or what channel those 3 guys are on so try again sunshine.

You realize intelligence and security briefings are possible everywhere right?

Obama immediately condemned the terrorist acts. What he did not do is talk out of his butt and say things before the facts came out. Romney outright LIED. He continued to lie all day. His behavior today has been disgusting.

You realize intelligence and security briefings are possible everywhere right?

You realize that the pros say he doesn't get them and doesn't really pay attention when he does

Oh man, long day at work and finally caught up with all the details in this story. Just a tragedy over there...just horrible, horrible stuff.

Shame on the terrorists...**** them. Shame on Reince Priebus, Mitt Romney, and the poster who claimed Hillary laughed during this attack. Shameless.

Yeah cite your sources. The fact that you just said that the President doesn't participate in daily security briefings is... ridiculous. You're just making it up as you go along or you're listening to some really really misguided people. Keep trying to portray Barack Obama as Kwame Kilpatrick East though because it's hilarious.

The same politicians that have funded both sides of every war we have fought for 50 years? the same type that talked about the horrible attacks remembered yesterday that were committed by the organization that we created, funded, and continue to fund!? The same politicians that went after Gaddaffi so that they can thank us by attacking us like rabid beasts a few months later?

Like others have said....right or wrong.....no politician is finished. No matter how huge the screw up appears. We are too stupid as an electorate to hold any politician accountable for anything.

Romney finished? I don't think the guy ever started. It has seemed obvious for some time that the Republicans are punting on this election. Having Romney as the candidate is a joke.

Obama immediately condemned the terrorist acts. What he did not do is talk out of his butt and say things before the facts came out. Romney outright LIED. He continued to lie all day. His behavior today has been disgusting.

What did he lie about? An Embassy is part of the State Department, pretty sure that's part of the executive branch, pretty sure the president is in charge of the executive branch. I know there is some question as to when the original quote was put out there, but the follow up where they stated they were standing by their comments were definitely after. Did Cairo not know the full story in Libya? Quite possibly as it now appears that no one in the White House knew what the hell was going on either. Should that make me feel warm, fuzzy, and forgiving?

The fact is, this is a gaffe. But the white house played politics well and now the media is asking Romney questions about it, not the guy actually in charge.

Shame on Romney.

Like when the cops acted stupidly. Yeah Obama had all the facts there when he spoke.