Sign in to follow this  
SpartanValor

Week 2: MSU @ CMU

From Kelly/Shorts Stadium, in Mount Pleasant, Michigan

stadiumpg-horizontal.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7vNB8U6AvIYfJznvpVeUYVBu_GNwWPBvSKzOSeWiFAXcucxlLWw&t=1vs MichiganStateLogo1-240x300.jpg

MCIH-ST-300x185.jpg

The Defending Legends Division Champions

69198_Indiana_Michigan_St_Football.jpg

Date: Saturday, September 8th, 2012

Time: 3:30pm EST

Television Broadcast Provided by:

ESPNU

Radio Broadcast Provided by:

www.spartansportsnetwork.com

Michigan-State-Pro-Combat-Uniforms-7.jpg

I'll be checking this thread occasionally since I'm a CMU grad. I don't expect this year's game to be any closer than it was last year. The Chips hardly beat a bad 1AA school last week. Doesn't bode well for our season.

Go Chips! I'll be watching, but to even finish within 20 will take some sort of minor miracle.

GO WHITE!

I went to Friday nights game...what a thrill. Hopefully we'll play well on Saturday. Ideally Bell gets some playing time, but we are able to lessen his load and give it to other RBs/improve our passing game.

Just to balance out the thread with all the Chips fans posting... GO GREEN!

Don't worry. About five minutes into the game we'll be quiet.

GO WHITE!

I went to Friday nights game...what a thrill. Hopefully we'll play well on Saturday. Ideally Bell gets some playing time, but we are able to lessen his load and give it to other RBs/improve our passing game.

Nothing like the Chips' defense/secondary/pass rush to make a team's passing game look better.

CMU has a very tough schedule this year. MSU this week and at Iowa the next week,

Then at Northern Illinois.

This years team will be better than last years 3-9 team with Radcliffe back, seems like he has been here a long time.

Michigan State will run and pass all over the Chips but the record crowd will make this a fun night overall.

I wonder if CMU can fit 40,000 in that stadium.

Michigan State 48 Central Michigan 17.

Need to get Caper and Hill 10-15 carries a piece this week. Need to get our OL rolling and picking up Blitzes. We got exposed a bit on Fri with the blitzes. I am predicting 35-3 MSU, in what COULD be a bigger blowout, but won't be due to the MSU connection with Enos.

Need to get Caper and Hill 10-15 carries a piece this week. Need to get our OL rolling and picking up Blitzes. We got exposed a bit on Fri with the blitzes. I am predicting 35-3 MSU, in what COULD be a bigger blowout, but won't be due to the MSU connection with Enos.

Did you see last year's score? :classic:

Here's the sad part - I think they did some of what you said last year in that second half, yet still blew the Chips worse than your predicted score.

Unless CMU drives for a field goal in its first four possessions, I don't see them scoring three. It'll be 7 or 14 or nothing probably.

Being obvious here but I’d like to see less turnovers. A little less obvious things I want to see is better pass protection and some sort of rhythm established with Maxwell and a couple receivers. Don’t care which one just any receiver or two that he looks comfortable throwing to….besides Sims. That said Sims is a huge safety valve for Maxwell and he used him perfectly I thought Friday. Get some carries for Caper and Hill also. And most importantly a W.

Go Green!

Go White!

Dan Enos should be worried about his job if this keeps up.

Getting shutout 21-0 to the Spartans at the half.

Radcliffe had a horrible start which is inexusable after how long he has been here.

Our biggest game ever and we are throwing up a goosegg so far.

Good thing I am not watching this on tv.

At least it took longer to blow the game out than last year. But to counter-balance that, this year's game could end up being a larger point spread. Wasn't it 45-7 last year? I guess we're beyond that right now.

Dan Enos should be worried about his job if this keeps up.

Getting shutout 21-0 to the Spartans at the half.

Radcliffe had a horrible start which is inexusable after how long he has been here.

Our biggest game ever and we are throwing up a goosegg so far.

Good thing I am not watching this on tv.

This is Enos' third year. Some progress needs to be seen by now. His players are starting to get in the lineup.

Two weeks into the season this program has been an embarrassment.

MSU hasn't allowed an Offensive TD through the first 2 games. How long do you think we can keep that up?

If I look past Maxwell's first half (6 of 15 and 3INTs) vs. Boise, he has been solid. A few poor passes in the 1st quarter last week but you could see him settle down and get focused. Our D... wow! We are something special on D. No holes. Love it. Big Game this week! Shut down the run and make Golston try to beat us with his hurt hand. My ND neighbors think the hand was an excuse to put in Rees.