STLTiger69

2012 Trade Deadline Discussion thread!!!

It's official!

July 31, 2012 is the non-waiver trade deadline, 4 p.m. ET

If you want a traded player in the playoffs, you need to get em' before July 31st, 4pm eastern. (Without having to put the player through trade waviers that is!!!!!)

If you have a trade idea, a name, a rumor, someone elses idea.... heck, post it- we'll discuss it....

Let's here what you think!!!!!!

Not posting in this thread because of the typo is a mean prank, everyone.

I hope DD can pull off what he did last year, but it feels like too much to ask for again some how.

Who do want the Tigers to trade for if you had a choice of one of the following:

Greinke

Hamels

Dempster

I would take Greinke.

Who do want the Tigers to trade for if you had a choice of one of the following:

Greinke

Hamels

Dempster

I would take Greinke.

Me too if he signed an extension.

Reading a few articles lately though, it seems like we will make "smaller" moves like an Infante or Barney rather than a Greinke or Upton

I think a trade for Infante and a secondary pitcher (wandy, clayton richard) would be a nice boost and help a lot. It isn't as mind-blowing, but they are upgrades we wouldn't have to give up too much for.

Here's a name I haven't heard in a while...

Martín Prado

Anybody have any thoughts about the Tigers doing a deal for Prado?

Greinke

Hamels

Dempster

I would take Greinke.

Cole Hamels but I don't know how the Tigers could have the cash for him long term.

(And I Hamels would have to agree to a long term deal too.....)

RE: Prado, I've read recently that the Braves view him as the heir apparent to Chipper at 3b and are trying to sign him to a long term deal.

STL....all this trade talk you're trying to start here is already happening in the other thread you started...why start a new one?

STL....all this trade talk you're trying to start here is already happening in the other thread you started...why start a new one?

Fair question, I figured that the title "Trade options to get an infielder?" was getting a bit long in the tooth because the discussions were turning away from infielders and more to pitchers and outfielders and I thought there would be a better place to discuss all trades rather than just for an infielder.

Trust me, I'm flattered that anybody would want to post on any of my threads, I just figured it was time to move it from a "infielder" trade discussion and more into a general discussion,... and you see how great that idea of mine has worked so far...!

It's your forums too! Use them how you like them. If there is a great discussion about Ryan Dempster on the "trade options to get an infielder", no harm please feel free to discuss your ideas and thoughts where ever you want and your also free to start your own threads as well. There are a lot of great posters and interesting discussions going on in many threads so please feel welcome to contribute in anyway you want!

I'm just guessing that the Tigers will trade for somebody that hasn't been mentioned yet. I doubt if anyone saw last season's trades of Young and Fister coming. I believe DD will act accordingly this year.

I'm just guessing that the Tigers will trade for somebody that hasn't been mentioned yet. I doubt if anyone saw last season's trades of Young and Fister coming. I believe DD will act accordingly this year.

I think the Tigers are doing a lot of looking and kicking tires. I'm sure the Tigers are asking about just about every big name player out there on the market and a few of the ones that are not on on a lot of teams radars too.

I metioned Prado too because I head there was almost a deal this last winter that would have sent Prado to Detroit for... Delmon Young....(I'm serious, but someone apparently sobered up with the Brave's front office and said NO...)

Would giving up Castellanos, Turner, and either Boesch or Dirks get a look-see from the Mariners for Felix Hernandez?

Just wondrin'. Why not go BIG?

Would giving up Castellanos, Turner, and either Boesch or Dirks get a look-see from the Mariners for Felix Hernandez?

that would be awesome to get him, but idk if we could have 4 20 mil/year players.

Plus it would probably cost a lot more than that to trade for him.

I think it would start with Scherzer,Turner and Castellanos and you'd have to sweeten the deal from there. Does adding Brantly and Rondon to the package get it done? Not sure and not sure if its worth it. They dont' want Boesch/Dirks.

Rumors are swirling around Dempster. Cubs called up a AAA starter in case Dempster is traded by gametime tomorrow, according to Ken Rosenthal. Tony Paul would be "shocked" if the Tigers weren't involved.

I sure hope the price is reasonable, National League pitchers can sometimes find the switch to the AL a bit "hazardous to their health".

Dempster and Barney would cost what....?

Or maybe Dempster is going to a different team and we're only in it for their 2B man

Dempster and Barney would be a pretty solid haul. I'm guessing Turner and a couple off the radar, lower level prospects.