smr-nj

2012 ALL STAR GAME

I'm pretty confident that as a six year old I could field better than those 12 year olds out there.

Having coached 6 through 8 year olds the last 4 years and seeing a bunch of kids play, I am pretty confident that you were not a better fielder at age 6 without knowing anything about you.

Posnanski wrote a nice article the other day about what this game means for KC. They're not in the spotlight anymore, for any sport. And may not be for a long time. That's how I felt about the 2005 ASG in Detroit. Comerica Park had nothing in it's history. The Tigers were in the midst of 12 straight losing seasons. Until the 2006 season, that was it. When the crowd went crazy for Abreu in the HR Derby I believe that was the loudest and most rambuctious the stadium had ever been until 2006.

I recorded the game on my PC but never watched it. All I remember about the day is it was very hot and muggy and started to rain as teh game ended. I remember having more fun at the Derby than then ASG itself.

So, according to 971, Kate Upton is dating Verlander.

He is indeed an all-star.

Edited by Antrat

He is indeed and all-star.

Doesn't he have a GF? Emily something?

During the Kate Upton commercials I joked "There's a reason he hasnt' married her yet.... they have an understanding....."

Then again it could simply be that they are all friends and maybe Emily was busy that night.

Going to have to miss the first half of the game because of class tonight. Ughhhhh. Hopefully I'll be able to catch some of Miggy.

If that's true then it's good news as my wife and I finally found a couple we're compatible swapping with.

Emily Yuen I think her name is.

Justin_Verlander_Girlfriend_Emily_Yuen1.jpg

She has been JV's gal since his Lakeland days in 2005. Huey and Team Mom have lots of good stories, but, I well remember, on his charting nights, he would sit with his teammates, and she with her friends, about 6 or seven rows back. How did they communicate? By cell phone, of course. JV; always accessible and agreeable to friends and fans alike.

267 replies to ASG thread? Impressive and I will have to re-read it.

I'm excited for the game tonight mostly because of what I've read in various papers where they seem to usher in the new breed of baseball. There are a lot of 1st timers with a mix of older vets. I haven't watched Atlanta much, but I was surprised to see that Chipper made it. Good for him!

Basically, I don't look forward to the ASG ever, but I'm excited to watch now that it has arrived simply because there is nothing else on, it's usually entertaining, and there is a youthful storyline.

He is indeed and all-star.

I showed my gal the video of JV on Conan. She said "he's a very handsome guy." i didn't get upset. Strangely, I appreciated and enjoyed the comment. The amazing effect that athletes we like have on us.

JV doesnt follow Kate on Twitter. Clearly a sign that 97.1 is wrong.. Or he is wise.

Sounds like some of you have a "man crush".

Go ahead.

Embrace that side of you.

I have my card. Thanks for the link!

I just got mine too.

What the heck.... why not, right? :classic:

I usually don't watch the game in its entirety, but I make a point to watch the introductions. I've always loved that each player wears their own team's jersey unlike hockey, football and basketball.