Oblong

Michigan Fireworks Ban Lifted this year

One of the worst things ever to happen to livability in Michigan.

There's a gas station near me that's now renting UHaul trucks in the parking lot... and fireworks. So I contact a friend on city council and they got tickets this week for both. Now they are selling the fireworks at night, I suspect when they think compliance officers are off the clock. They'll be getting busted for that soon. I might go watch.

I love calling out these idiots who think that life is a flea market and you can just sell whatever you want in any location. If you can't make your gas station profitable on it's won then find a new business to run.

Seems to me they were working on a new business model until some buttinskis decided they couldn't use their commercial property for commercial activities.

Yes becuase our city has zoning regulations for a reason. It looked horrible. I also think they had violations by having them parked on the easements. It impeded traffic when trying to exit their lot.

I love it. Keep the fireworks coming.

Downriver. Alls I'm saying.

:silly:

First, let me make this clear- I don't live downriver- far from it. And I'm not in a redneck area. But as we know, sometimes rednecks fall into money and move in.

All I can say is that I am sick of fireworks. The stuff that is going on now is just ridiculous. I don't care what the law says- If you are sending up things that look like they are coming from a barge on the detroit river over a very populated subdivision, you are nuts. I hope these morons either blow their arms off or set their own homes on fire. If they are going to allow the common redneck to have these things, there should be restrictions on how close these can be discharged to homes, because with all the embers coming off of them, something is going to start on fire. Shells that are this massive should absolutely not be allowed to be discharged in a neighborhood. I am probably 6 doors down from where this idiot was doing this tonight. I hope I see him in his yard waiving his stumps tomorrow. Jackass.

I am in Michigan this week. Family set off a lot of fireworks. Now, after driving for two hours, it seems like the entire state is covered in a smoke-filled haze.

Our yard backs up to a school playground, so the morons from the neighborhood always go there & go nuts. It actually hasn't been quite as bad this year as it was last year. Last year, when the 4th fell on a Friday night, I got up Saturday morning to take my dog for a walk & there was still the smell in the air & a haze covering the neighborhood. Dang....

My parents had a family gathering so I spent the evening there and I have seen nothing like it. They told me it was bad but I wasn't prepared for this. It was like we were under attack. People started swarming on the street and blocking traffic. The explosions were so loud they set of car alarms. Someone busted my windshield and I don't know who. Fights were breaking out in the street because someone got disrespected. Then these jack wagons took their fireworks, placed them on my parents front lawn, and shot them off. It's bad enough when they shoot them in their yard that they have to shoot them in someone elses. They talk about respect but show no respect for others. Garbage in the front lawn and hood ninjas walking around with their dicks out pissing wherever they want. Now I'm out about $260 for a windshield. I hope someone got maimed. After they ran out of fireworks they get back into their cars leaving their garbage. It was like a block party. I know there was gunshots mixed in. I think someone was just firing in the air. You would hear a siren in the distance and they would start spreading like cockroaches. My parents are living in the ghetto again. Noise does not bother me but these neighborhoods are pretty dense and shooting this **** just causes damage.

Edited by Motown Bombers

At this point, I would gladly take a tax hike to replace the money our sorry state loses from banning fireworks again.

Honestly, it wouldn't bother me that much for neighbors to let their kids set off a few firecrackers in the evening. But seriously ... all night long? I mean ALL night long. It was a little after 4 a.m. when the bulldog woke me up panting in my face, and they were still going off. (She almost never comes into our room.) Also left a huge puddle in the floor, poor girl.

Parents spent the morning picking litter out of their front yard. These neanderthals don't care. Most of the block is rentals and you have to tell them to cut their lawn and take out the trash. They place the one trash can in the driveway and just open their kitchen window and dump the trash. These lazy asses can't even bag their garbage. I guess after the fireworks stopped the rap music started and ****** was being blasted through the neighborhood before the police shut it down. You can take the Detroit out of the name but you can't take the Detroit out of the city.

All night long is against the law. Most municipalities limit them until midnight. If they don't, there are general laws against disturbing the peace. I didn't hear anything other than a few distant pops after midnight. But up until then it was insane.

If people want to blow these big ones off, then I suppose under current law they can. But they should not be allowed in a subdivision. I would say a mile from any development, which would basically restrict them to rural areas.

In Warren they are banned without officially being banned. You can't shoot them on public property. You also can't shoot them within 30 feet of a building, vehicle or landscaping. Landscaping is pretty vague so there is no possible place in the city of Warren that you can legally set off fireworks. Friday night there was a couple fireworks I heard in the distance but it sounded like they were coming from Center Line. My parents live in Eastpointe and that place was a damn jungle. I couldn't even leave because the mob had my car blocked in. My issue was more with the block party they decided to throw on our property than the actual fireworks.

I have no problem with the colorful ones. The Roman candles, etc. But the mortar shells or other booming fireworks that are going off at all hours....that infuriates me. And yes, I know it's wrong, but I fantasize about hearing a bloodcurdling scream after one of these loud booms. "My hand!"

EDIT: A bit ironic that a lot of these fireworks people are the same ones that wear Rebel flag gear. I mean, which is it? You celebrating America or the rebels? Same with others that cry about how cruel and wicked the U.S. is but sure as hell love celebrating the 4th.

Edited by Antrat

My parents have a security camera and when you watched it through that, it genuinely looked like you were watching news footage of war in the middle east. Their cameras failed to catch whoever busted my windshield. Useless.

My parents have a security camera and when you watched it through that, it genuinely looked like you were watching news footage of war in the middle east. Their cameras failed to catch whoever busted my windshield. Useless.

I have installed security cameras at my shop and my home. Amazing some of the things you see people doing. One time I was on vacation and checked the motion detector. a little after 5pm, in front of my shop on 9 mile, a guy pulls up, gets out and takes a wizz. Right as traffic zips by. Hazel-tucky indeed.

EDIT: I bet he has a large fireworks collection. No pun intended.

Edited by Antrat

......and you just know you'll be hearing them nightly until they've all been used. Maybe it'll be quiet by Labor Day.

I have installed security cameras at my shop and my home. Amazing some of the things you see people doing. One time I was on vacation and checked the motion detector. a little after 5pm, in front of my shop on 9 mile, a guy pulls up, gets out and takes a wizz. Right as traffic zips by. Hazel-tucky indeed.

EDIT: I bet he has a large fireworks collection. No pun intended.

My parents neighbors urinate outside all the time. Must be a 9 mile thing.

Oh no! That bites.