catswithbats

Tigers Promote Nick Castellanos to Erie

I've made it out to see Nick play a few times, and even though I think he's only gotten one hit (a laced double into the LF corner) while I was there it is VERY clear that he has ML bat speed. I'm very excited because I haven't seen a prospect with his talent level in Toledo in quite some time. Probably Granderson was the last, and I didn't get to see him more than once or twice while he was down here.

I've made it out to see Nick play a few times, and even though I think he's only gotten one hit (a laced double into the LF corner) while I was there it is VERY clear that he has ML bat speed. I'm very excited because I haven't seen a prospect with his talent level in Toledo in quite some time. Probably Granderson was the last, and I didn't get to see him more than once or twice while he was down here.

And I love that he uses the whole field. I think his ridiculously low babip is finally leveling out.

I love Nick C, but I hope they keep him where he is, playing everyday, until there's a good opportunity for him up in Detroit. I'm thinking next year some time as the semi-regular RH outfielder/infielder (similar to Matt T, but hopefully at least 300+ PAs).

I love Nick C, but I hope they keep him where he is, playing everyday, until there's a good opportunity for him up in Detroit. I'm thinking next year some time as the semi-regular RH outfielder/infielder (similar to Matt T, but hopefully at least 300+ PAs).

So you mean like a RH Don Kelly?

If he's not up until next year, he better be a full time starter, period.

What will you do if he's not?

What will you do if he's not?

I can't speak for him, but I'll probably make some sarcastic posts about how great Don Kelly is in the game day threads!!! Take that Leyland!

I can't speak for him, but I'll probably make some sarcastic posts about how great Don Kelly is in the game day threads!!! Take that Leyland!

Oh you bad

Why is that necessary? He may not be ready for a full-time ML job next year.