catswithbats

Tigers Promote Nick Castellanos to Erie

Jurjens starts tonight against Toledo. Nick will have to be ready for the soft stuff.

EDIT: Castellanos managed a double of JJ, who had a good night striking out 7 in 6.2 IP, Hens fell 2-1

Edited by Gehringer_2

Now that he's playing in Toledo, it cracks me up to see an active thread with a title that says "promoted to Erie".

Further proof that the Thread police have won ...

Further proof that the Thread police have won ...

The thread police, they come into my bed. The thread police, they come into my head.

Every single day!

Nick still has ways to go to his stat line back in shape though. And Garcia still taking his ABs in Fl? I thought he was supposed to be nearly ready to go.

Gotta ask, what's the hurry.............we've got Don Kelly !

Nick still has ways to go to his stat line back in shape though. And Garcia still taking his ABs in Fl? I thought he was supposed to be nearly ready to go.

Garcia still needs to go to Erie before promoting him to Toledo.

Why would Garcia stop in Erie before going to his spot in Toledo, which he most likely would have started at if it wasn't for his heel.

Garcia still needs to go to Erie before promoting him to Toledo.

Why? He's only in Lakeland on rehab. The org does that all the time because it's warmer. He doesn't need to go to Erie when his rehab is over.

Why? He's only in Lakeland on rehab. The org does that all the time because it's warmer. He doesn't need to go to Erie when his rehab is over.

Tigs announced he is going back to Toledo when he is done in FL. But I the think the Erie thing was joke on the thread police thing.....

Tigs announced he is going back to Toledo when he is done in FL. But I the think the Erie thing was joke on the thread police thing.....

It was actually a joke in reference to the idea that valverde should have gone to Toledo prior to Detroit.

It was actually a joke in reference to the idea that valverde should have gone to Toledo prior to Detroit.

I was in Durham last week to catch the Hens and the game program listed Valverde as being on the Hens roster but didn't have a jersey number listed.

?? But Valverde going straight to Detroit was the bigger joke.....

(just kidding - sort of...)

So, speaking of Valverde, I guess I missed it somewhere between games on radio vs tv maybe, but I haven't heard anyone in the local booth talk about either that the glasses are gone or that he is pitching from the windup. I know Hischieser talked about the change to the windup, but I haven't heard any of the locals yet. So if they did say something and I missed it, what?

Did he get Lasik? Contacts? Is he saying his vision was an issue last yr? Inquiring minds want to know!

Jim and Dan have talked about the windup quite a bit. Haven't heard anything about his eyes. Maybe he's better off not seeing the plate.

Definitely the first game back, Dan and Jim talked about the windup. They mentioned the glasses being gone, but that was it.

Hitting .342/.444/.579 over the last 10 games (7bb, 6k).

Up to a respectable .274/.345/.448 line on the season.

Hitting .342/.444/.579 over the last 10 games (7bb, 6k).

Up to a respectable .274/.345/.448 line on the season.

Will create a roster issue here. There will be pressure to bring him up should he stay hot as he is.

Garcia and Nick need to both play every day.