RJBBREZ

Red Wings Offseason

Red Wings' Cory Emmerton breaks finger in Finland, might be out for a while | MLive.com

Detroit Red Wings forward Cory Emmerton suffered a broken finger during his first game playing for SaiPa of Finland's SM-liiga last week.

Details are sketchy, but Emmerton might need surgery and could be idled for two months.

Emmerton tweeted over the weekend “1 period 1 shot 1 blocked shot 1 broken finger, great stats Cory.''

I am pretty angry at both sides of this dispute. How stupid can they get? Just starting to get real popular again and they are gonna screw it all up because of greed. It took me a long time to get over the last lockout, so much that I could barely even enjoy the Wings championship. I am sure alot of fans feel the way I do. And the real bad thing is (like last time) I'll get used to the NHL being gone, and eventually I wont care.

Some player updates:

1. Eaves still having headaches.

2. Helm smashes his face (see above posts)

3. Bruner scoring at a torrid pace in the Swiss League playing with Zetterberg

4. Filppula may have sprained his knee today:

Helene St. James@HeleneStJames

Red Wings F Valtteri Filppula appears to have suffered a sprained knee while playing in Finland, not certain yet how serious it is.

13 Nov 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite

3. Bruner scoring at a torrid pace in the Swiss League playing with Zetterberg

It sounds like Bruner doesn't care for defense, though. Which personally I don't mind. I'm kind of sick of having all defensively responsible forwards who only put up 20ish goals. I think a guy who can put up a ton of points without being a defensive wizard would fit in fine with the rest of the team. Put him ont he powerplay and maybe a line with Hank and Filppula who can pick up the defensive slack.