RJBBREZ

Red Wings Offseason

Anisimov & Dubinsky haven't lived up to what they were expected to do on a good Rangers team. Do you think they're going to do any better on a bad Blue Jackets team? If the rumors are true about us making a better offer & Howson not taking the deal simply because he'd trade Nash within the division, then that qualifies as a bad move. If your star player isn't happy, you take the best offer for him in hopes of building your team up, regardless of where the offer comes from. When you don't do that, you end up like the Columbus Blue Jackets....a perennial bad hockey team.

How do you know what you are asserting here to justify your claim that Howson is an idiot and a bad GM is true or relevant? Oh, ya I forgot you have a bunch of inside information because you work in the front office.

How do you know what you are asserting here to justify your claim that Howson is an idiot and a bad GM is true or relevant? .

Not an unreasonable assumption given that Columbus has missed the playoffs 10 of the past 11 seasons, Howson has been the GM for 5 years now, and that rather than get better with high draft picks the team flounders year after year - e.g, this year's point total was the team's worst since the lockout.

edit: screw it, I'm out of this thread. Can't wait for the season to start.

Edited by drownwithyou

What is it Von? I'm trolling cuz I'm not in line with your way of thinking or that of others on here?

bleacher report is a biased, fan contributed website that cannot be trusted for honest, factual sports analysis.

Shane Doan is merely exploring other options, which he should given the uncertainty surrounding the Dogs ownership, venue issues. I do believe he is genuine when he says he wants to stay in Phoenix if at all possible.

Right, and you dont need to be a Holland hater to say that. I really like Holland and because of the franchise's track record and reputation for class he gets cut some slack. Just as Zetterberg did when off to a poor start this year. But even Holland would admit privately I'm sure that this offseason has not been his finest hour.

I like Holland and the job he has done over the course of his tenure here. I just feel he needs to step up and make something happen in the next month or two.

Semin to the Canes. 1 year, 7 million.

See, now that makes total sense. Why couldn't the Wings have done that? Instead they're going to have tons of unused cap space. It's an overpay by a couple of million dollars but the short term more than makes up for it, IMO.

And to people who say that it's easy for us to spend the $7mm because it's not our money, the season ticket holders and hordes of people who buy Wings merchandise and give good TV ratings that attract ad dollars may tend to disagree.

And not that I think we're seriously in the running for Doan, but Semin signing with the Wings might have showed Doan that the franchise still has a pulse.

Aaron Ward just tweeted that all indications are that the Wings are out of the Doan sweepstakes because the asking price is too high. What the hell is going on?! Did Illitch overextend itself with Prince Fielder or something?

I don't get any of this. Yes, seven million a year is a bunch for Semin but for one stinking year they should have pursued harder. Not getting Doan is not something I'm overly upset about since I highly doubted the Wings would get him. But the lack of risk taking by Holland and Co is really beginning to upset me. I don't care whom they trade for or get rid of this point but they HAVE to make a deal now. If they don't then Holland will have a lot of explaining to do.

I don't get any of this. Yes, seven million a year is a bunch for Semin but for one stinking year they should have pursued harder. Not getting Doan is not something I'm overly upset about since I highly doubted the Wings would get him. But the lack of risk taking by Holland and Co is really beginning to upset me. I don't care whom they trade for or get rid of this point but they HAVE to make a deal now. If they don't then Holland will have a lot of explaining to do.

They don't HAVE to do anything. They are still a playoff team and once in the playoffs, you are a contender now. Relax.

They don't HAVE to do anything. They are still a playoff team and once in the playoffs, you are a contender now. Relax.

Any business should pay attention to their customers. The Wings, after enjoying sellouts after sellouts despite a poor economy, are not even going to spend to the cap! Again!!

Just because one #8 seed in 25 years wins the Stanley Cup doesn't mean that all 16 teams have an equal shot of winning. If you believed that, then you'd have no problem making a wager in Vegas for the #16 team to win the Cup at the exact same odds as the #1 team.

And the Wings with this roster are NOT guaranteed to be a playoff team.