drownwithyou

The Rest of the Lions' 2012 Draft

Lions traded a fourth round pick in next year's draft to the Vikings to select:

Paula Pasche ‏ @paulapasche Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

#Lions draft Tahir Whitehead (6-1, 233 lbs) out of Temple. Projected 5ht-6th round pick. Was team captain.

Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

#Lions @ 138: Tahir Whitehead. 6'1/237. 4.63 40. Explosive vert (37") & broad (10'4"). SLB at Temple/nickel rusher. 7 career sacks, 6 FFs.

Edited by drownwithyou

I don't understand that pick...they trade away a 4th and use a 5th on a future backup LB and special teamer...

That is a puzzling pick.

Michael Schottey ‏ @Schottey Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

RT @ttwentyman: Lions just traded up with Oakland to select CB Chris Greenwood from Albion. Gave up their late 7th round pick.

@ChrisBurke_SI: Chris Greenwood had a 43-inch vertical leap during pro day. That would have been the second best number at the combine.

I assume the lions feel confident they will get a comp pick in the fourth next year for losing Eric Wright

Lions traded up with the Raiders to select Albion CB Chris Greenwood with the No. 148 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft.

The Raiders will receive picks Nos. 158 and 230 in return. Aggressive Lions GM Martin Mayhew has now traded up twice in the fifth round. A local star from Detroit, Greenwood flashed an impressive 4.42 forty and 43" vertical -- a number that would have finished second at the Combine -- during his pro day. An intriguing size-speed package, Greenwood will likely need to break in as a special teamer after coming from D-III Albion

Fantasy Football player news, injuries and analysis - Rotoworld.com

Anwar Richardson ‏ @AnwarRichardson Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

#Lions select New Mexico State CB Jonte Green in the sixth round (No. 196 overall).

Well I guess they aren't neglecting the defensive back position...

Lions selected New Mexico State CB Jonte Green with the No. 196 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft.

Green was a college cornerback. The Lions announced him as generically a "defensive back," so they may try Green at free safety or are only projecting him as a special teamer. Green goes 5-foot-11, 191, and was a second-team All-WAC pick by the conference's coaches in 2011. He has short arms, but did well to run a 4.41 forty-yard dash at New Mexico State's Pro Day.

Rotoworld - Fantasy Baseball, Basketball, Football, Baseball and Hockey. Draft guide, news, projections, cheatsheets, depth charts and more.

taking guys like Jonte Green, they are.....

Down grading and dismissing a player without seeing him play is foolish !...Just watched a tape of Temple with Whitehead and he was all over the field making plays ....maybe we could wait till training camp before we cut on the picks !

Down grading and dismissing a player without seeing him play is foolish !...Just watched a tape of Temple with Whitehead and he was all over the field making plays ....maybe we could wait till training camp before we cut on the picks !
I dont have to wait until I watch them in the NFL, he played college ball and got torched

Exactly! The Lions drafted the entire starting secondary on day three! Yipeee!

No Wolverines besides Mike Martin being picked thus far is a little bit of a surprise. I thought there was a chance JR Hemingway would be picked earlier.

I guess Im gonna have to trust the Lions brain trust because Im at a loss trying to figure out what they are doing. After yesterdays 2 picks had me scratching my head they then take a 34 rush LB/DE hybrid to play in a 43? At 6-2 250 he needs to gain 30 lbs minimum to be the DE the Lions are claiming he will be. Then trading up to get a Div. III cb? I trust Mayhew but am really confused by the logic they are using. We didnt get one player that will make an impact this year. Maybe Reiff at RT.

Rd 1 - #23(23) Riley Reiff(OT) Iowa

Rd 2 - #22(54) Ryan Broyles(WR) Oklahoma

Rd 3 - #22(85) Dwight Bentley(CB) La Lafayette

Rd 4 - #30(125) Ronnell Lewis(OLB) Oklahoma

Rd 5 - #3(138) Tahir Whitehead(OLB) Temple

Rd 5 - #13(148) Chris Greenwood(CB) Albion

Rd 6 - #26(196) Jonte Green(CB) New Mexico St

Rd 7 - #16(223) Travis Lewis(OLB) Oklahoma

I guess Im gonna have to trust the Lions brain trust because Im at a loss trying to figure out what they are doing. After yesterdays 2 picks had me scratching my head they then take a 34 rush LB/DE hybrid to play in a 43? At 6-2 250 he needs to gain 30 lbs minimum to be the DE the Lions are claiming he will be. Then trading up to get a Div. III cb? I trust Mayhew but am really confused by the logic they are using. We didnt get one player that will make an impact this year. Maybe Reiff at RT.

It took a long time for a Lions fan to have that faith. And I think I do. I think Mayhew has an idea.

Mayock called him the best special teams player in this draft.

Rd 1 - #23(23) Riley Reiff(OT) Iowa

Rd 2 - #22(54) Ryan Broyles(WR) Oklahoma

Rd 3 - #22(85) Dwight Bentley(CB) La Lafayette

Rd 4 - #30(125) Ronnell Lewis(OLB) Oklahoma

Rd 5 - #3(138) Tahir Whitehead(OLB) Temple

Rd 5 - #13(148) Chris Greenwood(CB) Albion

Rd 6 - #26(196) Jonte Green(CB) New Mexico St

Rd 7 - #16(223) Travis Lewis(OLB) Oklahoma

It looks like Mayhew is anticipating some big changes in the LB core in the next year or so.