RedRamage

In the second round of the 2012 Draft the Lions....

The Lions need for CB is overblown. They aren't loaded with talent, but they like Aaron Berry, who will start along with Houston. Lacey and Smith are also on the roster; and they could select a safety and move Speivey back to corner if they desire.

I thought Spievey was a safety because he couldn't play corner?

The Lions need for CB is overblown. They aren't loaded with talent, but they like Aaron Berry, who will start along with Houston. Lacey and Smith are also on the roster; and they could select a safety and move Speivey back to corner if they desire.

Just because the Lions like a guy doesn't mean they will be good. I do think the Lions have a strong need for a corner. There just wasn't one on the board I liked a lot.

Forcing Barry to announce a WR pick? Mayhew troll mode: ON.

And to be someone from Oklahoma at that!

From Mocking the Draft:

Ryan Broyles runs well at Oklahoma's pro day - Mocking The Draft

Former Oklahoma wide receiver Ryan Broyles eased some concern over his torn ACL today by running times of 4.57 and 4.59 just 5 months after suffering the knee injury, according to Rotoworld.

Broyles caught 349 passes during his career at Oklahoma, more than any other receiver in FBS history. But the aforementioned ACL injury put his draft stock up in the air. Under normal circumstances, the two 40-times he posted wouldn't raise any eyebrows. Considering the extent of his injury and amount of recovery time, Broyles' performance speaks volumes about his work ethic and how far the world has come when it comes to treating these injuries.

A fantastic route runner, Broyles was as productive as any receiver in this draft class. He does not possess outstanding physical abilities, but if he maintains his quickness coming off surgery, Broyles represents value in the second or third round.

A month ago, Broyles seemed like an afterthought, but things change quickly in the draft process. This performance only adds another prospect to an already deep pool of wide receivers.

Some people don't see it as such a reach.

I actually like Broyles quite alot...

I was just hoping he was someone we could get in the 3rd-5th round range...

I also would've preferred Konz. Was there something wrong with him - his interviews? - that he slipped all the way to the end of the 2nd...?

And I still think Broyles would've slipped into the 3rd...

I also would've preferred Konz. Was there something wrong with him - his interviews? - that he slipped all the way to the end of the 2nd...?

There are a lot of guys being drafted in the second you could say would've slipped to the third round being.

I would have been fine with Konz. I think that was pipe dream for fans though because the Lions seem to love Raiola for some reason.

Which team's pick is missing from the 2nd round?

New Orleans.

I think I like the pick. Broyles is a great receiver, he just tore his knee. Everyone comes back from ACL's now-a-days. I think he can be our version of Wes Welker. Looking forward to see him in the Honolulu Blue and Silver.

Also, what was with this second round? I was expecting between 6-8 corners to go off the board, but there was only like 3. Weird.

Injuries and a weak C class is why Konz slipped

I'm coming more around on this as it could be a tremendous pick. But it is certainly a risk due to the injury

I'd probably still would have taken Curry though

Is he fully recovered from injury?

It depends on when he had his surgery. Usually when you tear your ACL it's at it's weakest point between 6-12 weeks post surgery. Then after that it's pretty much just weight lifting to get your leg back to normal strength. Seeing how he tore his ACL in early November he should be ready to go pretty soon. I've been told your 100% at about 6 months, but you don't feel 100% until about 9 months or so.

There are a lot of guys being drafted in the second you could say would've slipped to the third round being.

I would have been fine with Konz. I think that was pipe dream for fans though because the Lions seem to love Raiola for some reason.

The Lions like Backus too but that didn't stop them in the first.

Injuries and a weak C class is why Konz slipped

I'm coming more around on this as it could be a tremendous pick. But it is certainly a risk due to the injury

I'd probably still would have taken Curry though

I wouldn't be to worried about the ACL. Wes Welker seemed to recover pretty good from it. Plus he tore it in early November, he should be/feel 100$ come September.

Curry would have been a good pick to. I actually thought that was who we were taking. Maybe it means they have faith in signing Avril long term.

After looking at his and his fiance's twitter, he appears to be a grounded guy. He seems like a Calvin Johnson type character, mature.

I'm sure that played a part.

Eh, not someone I was looking at with this pick, but Broyles is a big-time talent, and it looks like the injury is behind him. Nothing wrong with adding another playmaker.

Hope the teams we are playing have good nickel and dime personnel and can match our tempo. While we need DB help, I like that we can force the opposing teams hand a little more.

Bentley is a slot corner to replace Eric Wright. Broyles should push him as a slot receiver. The Lions I think, planned these picks before the draft, and were not going to waiver.