JayVee

Tigers have released Brandon Inge

It was a good long run.

I now have to retire my screen name of Inge Fan Club since I cannot be a fan of a player who will not be on the Tigers. It is back to Lansing Lugnut for me.

Inge disabled his Facebook account. What's up with that? I thought we were friends. He was just using me.
Maybe a bunch of doucheballs were posting various forms of "Good Riddance" on his page ...

Did any one else hear Inge's exit interview?

The guy is delusional

"One bad season does not define a career" LOL ONE????????

He also said the fact they wouldn't give him full time at bats was why he wasn't able to get on track

I'm glad this circus is over but the truth is as long as Leyland is the ring leader this circus will stay in town for a long long time

This is the reason I won't miss him.

I'm sad. My dad gave me lots of good natured ribbing about him, so this feels like another way of losing him all over again.

I'm glad and sad at the same time - glad that Leyland has one less veteran to keep happy and force in the lineup (hopefully Eldred will produce better) sad in that he has been a part of the Tigers for such a large part of my youth - I will doubtless remember him better than most other players that will come up through the years, and in my old age will pull the "back in my day players knew how to play!" card with him.

Edited by McGriff4Hall
spelling

I wanted him gone and am glad he is no longer on the team, but for some reason I thought I'd feel happier about it.

50/50 sadness/gladness.

EDIT: Ha! Didn't see the previous post before I posted this.

It was the right call to bring him north with the team and try him out in a 2b platoon. I wish it would have worked out. Two hits in 20 at bats or whatever it was doesn't cut it. Then again, it was only 20 at bats. If three of those outs were hits, he's batting 250. Of course, his past season indicated that it probably wasn't going to happen.

Still, he was a good player for a number of years and I will remember that.

140 HR 22nd all time in tigers history

17.9 bWAR 31st

9.0 defensive bWAR is 2nd all time behind only kaline

It's unfortunate that these last couple years will likely stain what was a very good tigers career.

I will be rooting for him if another team picks him up.

Boy, you guys are tough! :shocked:

Since I didn't see him play very often, I'll just say that on the occassions that I did see him play against the Yankees, I think I remember him doing damage..... so, I hope his fanbase can try to remember his good games, and let go of his bad ones.

Good luck to him.

I'm glad he's no longer on the team, but hats off to a guy who was so dedicated to an organization that had a fan base that, for the most part, hated him

Brian Britten ‏ @BBritten_Tigers

Follow

Tigers have unconditionally released Brandon Inge. Brad Eldred's contract will be purchased from Toledo on Friday. #tigers

it2vg50.gif

Did any one else hear Inge's exit interview?

The guy is delusional

"One bad season does not define a career" LOL ONE????????

He also said the fact they wouldn't give him full time at bats was why he wasn't able to get on track

I'm glad this circus is over but the truth is as long as Leyland is the ring leader this circus will stay in town for a long long time

I suspect that attitude had a lot to do with his release. Who would you rather have on the bench, a disgruntled Inge, talking crap to the media (over and over) or a young player who will give it his all to be a MLB player? As well as the fact that the young player coming up may have much more upside than Inge? Long overdue, I agree. But it was somewhat smart to keep Inge around long enough to make sure Miggy can play 3rd base. And the way Miggy's been playing over there is pretty bad, at least IMO.

The glaring mistake the Tigers made last offseason was not going after a 5th SP and not going after a 2nd baseman.

Guaranteed contracts are a nice deal.

But it's not guaranteed if he officially retires, is it? I remember a pitcher from K.C. a couple of years ago who walked away from a couple of years left on his contract. Bannister?

Right move to make. It was getting hard these last couple years to remain positive about his play.

Will always have a fond memory of him hitting a walkoff homer to win the game when I took my wife to her first ever Tigers game.

I suspect that attitude had a lot to do with his release. Who would you rather have on the bench, a disgruntled Inge, talking crap to the media (over and over) or a young player who will give it his all to be a MLB player? As well as the fact that the young player coming up may have much more upside than Inge? Long overdue, I agree. But it was somewhat smart to keep Inge around long enough to make sure Miggy can play 3rd base. And the way Miggy's been playing over there is pretty bad, at least IMO.

The glaring mistake the Tigers made last offseason was not going after a 5th SP and not going after a 2nd baseman.

Eldred will be 32 this year.