Motor City Sonics

With the 23rd Pick of the first round the Detroit Lions select T Riley Reiff

Steelrs took Decastro right behind us.

If this is true, I will be soooo pissed. Of course, there is a reason they are the best organization in the NFL. They always take the smart, obvious, choice while other teams try to outsmart everybody.

If this is true, I will be soooo pissed. Of course, there is a reason they are the best organization in the NFL. They always take the smart, obvious, choice while other teams try to outsmart everybody.

It's true

All I can think about Iowa lineman in the NFL is Robert Gallery. I guess I have to get beyond that and give this guy a chance. I hate passing on DeCastro but I do think I like this pick better than Glenn or Martin.

That's why the Steelers are in the playoffs every year and the Lions aren't.

That worked out well. The Pistons end, get to hear Ben talk and then turn the station to watch the Lions make a selection.

An OLineman? We need to upgrade. We be old on that line.

Have no clue who else was out there. Just turned it on.

Would've liked to see a corner or someone on the defensive side, but it's definitely a need.

I like it. OT was going to be a huge need sooner than later. Good position to put value on. Whoa, Hightower to NE?

At least the Lions finally stopped ignoring the offensive line and drafted one high and the draft. Also, Kiper and McShay both had him ranked in the top 20 and they watch a lot more film and study the draft more than any of us so I can take solice in that as well.

Couldn't the Lions have traded down and still got Reiff ?

Depends how far...the Steelers aren't known to have a great O-Line either and could've used a Tackle as well

Seeing as everyone bitches about Backus, here is your replacement

I like the pick for many of the reasons mentioned. I hope we can now address our secondary immediately.

Damn, the Patriots just reload.

I think the Patriots talent is actually down right now. They just keep riding Tom Brady and good coaching to super bowls. They have a lot of holes to fill .

At least the Lions finally stopped ignoring the offensive line and drafted one high and the draft. Also, Kiper and McShay both had him ranked in the top 20 and they watch a lot more film and study the draft more than any of us so I can take solice in that as well.

Yup, we again got a guy who should have gone at least a handful of picks higher. Bears especially will regret passing. He's vanilla, but he'll start for 10 years IMO.