Motor City Sonics

With the 23rd Pick of the first round the Detroit Lions select T Riley Reiff

The Jets need to be able to win now or old Rex is out. Add onto that, they have an owner whose willing to try some crazy stuff (see Tebow). So that puts us in the position to make this trade. The Jets would be targeting one of Donta' Hightower, Courtney Upshaw or Chandler Jones who they pass up with their first pick because they pick either Mark Barron or Michael Floyd at the 14 spot.

Clayton reported that we like Barron a lot and could look to move up for him.

Syracuse isn't too bad at producing quality NFL players

Dwight Freeny, Kieth Bullock, and Tanard Jackson are from Syracuse

More historically, Jim Brown, Art Monk, Larry Csonka, Marvin Harrison, and Donovan McNabb

True, but their football team has not been good recently.

So much bs reporting going on. My question is: if they're willing to trade up for Gilmore, why not just trade for Samuel?

Because Samuel comes with a huge salary that he's not worth anymore.

Samuel for a 7th rd pick > Trading multiple picks (maybe a future 1st) for Stephon Gilmore. IMO Janoris Jenkins is better than him. Move back and take him at the bottom of the 1st if you really want a corner.

Samuel for a 7th rd pick > Trading multiple picks (maybe a future 1st) for Stephon Gilmore. IMO Janoris Jenkins is better than him. Move back and take him at the bottom of the 1st if you really want a corner.

They wouldn't trade a future first. They'd swap 1sts and throw in a 2 and 3 or two 3s... plus probably get a 5 or 6 in return as well.

Samuel is >30 years of age. No way.

Charles Woodson is 35 and still playing fine, Nnamdi is 30 and still one of the best corners in the league...

Samuel is still one of the better corners in the game. I would have given up a 7th rd pick in a heartbeat.

Charles Woodson is 35 and still playing fine, Nnamdi is 30 and still one of the best corners in the league...

Samuel is still one of the better corners in the game. I would have given up a 7th rd pick in a heartbeat.

I would prefer to put my money and resources into younger, faster players with a good future. The Lions are still building. I don't think Samuel is that good. He's a loose cannon, and not really a top tackler. I would much prefer Stephon Gilmore, Kilpatrick, and Josh Robinson over him.

Also, if they trade up, I hope they are able to use a player to trade up like Lawrence Jackson. He might have some sneaky value that would help them here.

If the Lions make a trade, I hope it is to move down. The only guy I would trade up to get is Kalil and we would have to move up way to far to get him. Otherwise, just stand pat and take the best player that fills a need with the 23rd pick.

If Kalil drops below 5, I would give up our whole draft to move up and grab him.

I'd rather have them wait than spend the resources it would take to get kalil. He's not worth it.

Vikings will be busy for an hour on Saturday - picks 98, 118, 128, 134, 138, 139 in rounds 4/5.

Yawn...

I'd rather have them wait than spend the resources it would take to get kalil. He's not worth it.

I am of the belief that within 3 years, Kalil and Joe Thomas will be the two best tackles in the NFL and Kalil will probably stay there for the next decade. I just don't buy into the weaknesses I have read about him.

I am of the belief that within 3 years, Kalil and Joe Thomas will be the two best tackles in the NFL and Kalil will probably stay there for the next decade. I just don't buy into the weaknesses I have read about him.

Why? What has Joe Thomas done for the Browns? They suck on offense. Tackles are overrated.

Why? What has Joe Thomas done for the Browns? They suck on offense. Tackles are overrated.

The Vikings sucked on offense and they had Adrian Peterson. If you don't have a quarterback in this league, you don't have a chance.

What did the Browns just do? They trade their 4th overall pick, 4th rd, 5th rd and 7th rd pick for a player the Vikings wouldn't have drafted anyway. What am I missing?