Motor City Sonics

With the 23rd Pick of the first round the Detroit Lions select T Riley Reiff

Geez I hope not.

He's not as explosive as a Mercilus or Perry but he has some crazy size (his arms are HUGE) and has a ton of power. I wouldn't be mad with Chandler Jones, think he has a ton of upside but I would rather have Cordy Glenn. (if he is there)

Just saw this tweet:

Dave Birkett ‏ @davebirkett

Mayock likes Chandler Jones best among DEs. "2 years from now I think he’s going to be 280 lbs & I think he’s going to be a son of a *****"

Edited by MC24

I'm hearing top 10 for him now. He's soaring like crazy.

From who, best I've seen him as at 16 and that was an acknowledged reach.

Seems like a Ray Edwards type or something. A guy with good size, average explosiveness and a solid motor. 6 sacks, good run D type. MAybe I'm wrong though.

ESPN has been running their Mock today and had the Lions drafting Chandler Jones at the pick

From who, best I've seen him as at 16 and that was an acknowledged reach.

Mike Lombardi and Mike Mayock.

If Jones was there, he'd be an obvious pick. Maybe even over Kirkpatrick, he's that talented.

So Kiper has us taking Doug Martin in his final mock I see. I don't love it, but I do love the player. The Ray Rice comprisons are pretty spot on IMO. I'd rather improve the D, but you can't argue that a back of that caliber would really impact this team in a positive manner.

Don Banks has the Lions taking Riley Reiff. That would be quite a drop (and a coup) for him (and us).

Not really. He's more of a RT only, I don't see him as a LT.

Both NFL Network's Mike Mayock and Michael Lombardi agreed on Path to the Draft Wednesday night that Syracuse DE Chandler Jones is the best defensive player in the 2012 draft.

"I'm gonna make a statement," said Mayock. "Three years from now, I'm gonna say Chandler Jones is the best defensive player to come out of this draft." Chimed in Lombardi, "I think what Mike Mayock said is right. He is the best defensive player in the draft." Mayock recently bumped Jones to No. 9 overall in his top-100 rankings, and to No. 1 among defensive ends. Lombardi went so far as to suggest Jones could be a top-ten pick.

Rotoworld - Fantasy Baseball, Basketball, Football, Baseball and Hockey. Draft guide, news, projections, cheatsheets, depth charts and more.

Chandler Jones the BEST defensive player in the Draft?! LOL. Morris Claiborne says hello.

If Jones was there, he'd be an obvious pick. Maybe even over Kirkpatrick, he's that talented.

How can you say that and then not even have Jones going in your first round mock? Doesn't make much sense.

Seems like a Ray Edwards type or something. A guy with good size, average explosiveness and a solid motor. 6 sacks, good run D type. MAybe I'm wrong though.

Not even close, he's a JPP type. He's not as quick, but he has insane measurables and a great work ethic, very coachable. Don't read into the production too much, he'll be a beast. One of his brothers plays for the Ravens and the other is a ridiculous MMA fighter too, that explains his great hand usage.

Edited by GuitarGod19

Not even close, he's a JPP type. He's not as quick, but he has insane measurables and a great work ethic, very coachable. Don't read into the production too much, he'll be a beast. One of his brothers plays for the Ravens and the other is a ridiculous MMA fighter too, that explains his great hand usage.

I freely admit I may be behind the curve on Jones. He's a guy I don't know enough about. If they think he can be that kind of gamechange, I'm in.

I freely admit I may be behind the curve on Jones. He's a guy I don't know enough about. If they think he can be that kind of gamechange, I'm in.

Me too. It's hard to get excited about Syracuse defensive players. Or anybody from Syracuse.

Jimmy Smith dropped in last years draft because of "character issues", is Janoris Jenkins talent wise, as good as Smith was?

He's much better

Me too. It's hard to get excited about Syracuse defensive players. Or anybody from Syracuse.

Syracuse isn't too bad at producing quality NFL players

Dwight Freeny, Kieth Bullock, and Tanard Jackson are from Syracuse

More historically, Jim Brown, Art Monk, Larry Csonka, Marvin Harrison, and Donovan McNabb

Forget Janoris Jenkins I've made an adjustment to my initial selection...

Trade:

Lions acquire Antonio Cromartie, the 2nd and the 3rd round picks from the NY Jets.

Jets acquire the Lions 23rd pick and the Lions 5th round pick.

Jimmy Smith dropped in last years draft because of "character issues", is Janoris Jenkins talent wise, as good as Smith was?

I think they are in the same league with each other, but I was really high on Jimmy Smith too.

I do think Jenkins' character concerns are more off putting though. I think teams are concerned about a player with the financial burden of four kids with three women.

My favorite scenario though is still a trade back and picking him up.

And props for the avy.