Motor City Sonics

With the 23rd Pick of the first round the Detroit Lions select T Riley Reiff

Janoris Jenkins.

Not my first choice but I think Gilmore and Kirkpatrick will be off the board and Jenkins is the last of the group that should be able to help immediately.

If I'm throwing a dart, (but no dartboard would have either Konz or Jenkins at 23) I would go with Dre Kirkpatrick.

If I'm throwing a dart, (but no dartboard would have either Konz or Jenkins at 23) I would go with Dre Kirkpatrick.

You think Dre is gonna be around at 23? I say no way he's there. No way. I know they keep talking Tackle, but if they were going O-Line, I wish it was interior - they need instant help there. Raiola and Peterman need to be upgraded.

I'd much rather see them go defense in the first round. They could go anywhere but QB or WR with their first pick. I hope they don't take a RB.

You think Dre is gonna be around at 23? I say no way he's there. No way. I know they keep talking Tackle, but if they were going O-Line, I wish it was interior - they need instant help there. Raiola and Peterman need to be upgraded.

I'd much rather see them go defense in the first round. They could go anywhere but QB or WR with their first pick. I hope they don't take a RB.

I was thinking the same thing...Lions pick David DeCastro

I see the Lions taking the BPA again... Which in this case I believe will be DE Quinton Coples. He is a possible top 10 pick, but it came out that he may not have given his all while at North Carolina so he may drop.

Lions snatch him up and we all go bananas.

Coples would be AWESOME!!! But I highly doubt he falls that far.

A year ago today, wouldn't we have said the same exact thing about Fairley?

A year ago today, wouldn't we have said the same exact thing about Fairley?

Gosselin predicted it.

I think the only chance they have at Kirkpatrick is if they trade up a few spots, which I wouldn't mind at all.

I am starting to think a lot of the bad press about Jenkins is more about the media looking to generate a little draft drama... his coaches are on record saying he was tested and stayed clean while at north alabama. I hated this pick when I thought the kid didn't learn his lesson but I am sure the staffs are talking to his coaches to get the skinny on him (i.e. how often he was tested, did he really stay clean, etc.) and if they get the answers they want then it is a great value pick at 23... the kid is a top talent.

Chandler Jones.

But I'd be happy with Kirkpatrick, Jonathan Martin, Glenn. Ecstatic at the idea of Gilmore or Coples, who should be gone long before that.

I just don't want Jenkins or Mike Adams.

I don't think any of the top db's are going to be on the board. That said I think maybe Cordy Glenn for protection for Stafford. Or Whitney Mercilus. Would the Lions draft another DE? Yes! Schwartz loves DE & has Mayhew's backing.

Chandler Jones...mark it down. If he's there, he's the pick.

I'm hearing top 10 for him now. He's soaring like crazy.