DaYooperASBDT

Thad Weber promoted, Schlereth to AAA

Thad Weber is from Friend, Nebraska - a town just north of 1,000 people. He played high school ball with a friend of mine. Cool.

While I would love to see Schlereth version 20.11 re-emerge, I think this is a wise move. Besides a Weber is always a quality gadget to own. (think bbq)

Good for Thad, I really hope that Daniel finds himself in Toledo. Hopefully this closes the door on first round relievers for the Tigers, if they ever have a first round pick again.

Good for Thad, I really hope that Daniel finds himself in Toledo. Hopefully this closes the door on first round relievers for the Tigers, if they ever have a first round pick again.

Schlereth was acquired in a trade he wasn't a Detroit draft pick.

Tough spot to put a rookie into. It's not like they hammered him, either. He got some hard luck on the bad call by the ump (I am not fuming about that call - that is a tough one for the home plate ump to see from behind the batter - and it had to be slowed down and showed from 3 different angles for us to see it at home).

I won't get mad at Leyland He didn't have much of an option with all the guys he used in the last 27 hours. He had Coke and Weber.

He seemed nervous. They said on the telecast that he was a strike thrower - and he wasn't throwing strikes. I suppose going up against the best offense in MLB in a tie game would be a bit tense. I hope he settles in and does a good job in the future.

Tough spot to put a rookie into. It's not like they hammered him, either. He got some hard luck on the bad call by the ump (I am not fuming about that call - that is a tough one for the home plate ump to see from behind the batter - and it had to be slowed down and showed from 3 different angles for us to see it at home).

I won't get mad at Leyland He didn't have much of an option with all the guys he used in the last 27 hours. He had Coke and Weber.

Leyland saw it from the dugout. He probably heard it too. He probably had a better angle than any of the umpires, though.

If he had given up a solo shot around the three outs he got, none-one would have though much of it. I thought he fought back pretty nicely after he swallowed his walk on jitters. Didn't Smyly load them up the first time he came into a game? And look how that is turning out. Let's see what he does over a few innings.