Sign in to follow this  
PuNk42AE

Saturday April 21st, Minor League Games

Wisconsin @ West Michigan 1:00 pm - Shackelford, Kevin (1-0, 3.00) Carreno, Josue (0-2, 5.54)

Columbus @ Toledo 6:00 pm - McAllister, Zach (0-1, 4.00) Weber, Thad (2-0, 0.75)

Erie @ Bowie 6:35 pm - Avery, James (1-1, 3.38) Bundy, Bobby (1-2, 4.60)

Clearwater @ Lakeland 5:00 pm - Wright, Austin (2-0, 2.45) Crouse, Matt (0-0, 0.00)

Clearwater @ Lakeland Game 2 -

Wisconsin @ West Michigan 1:00 pm - Carreno, Josue (0-2, 5.54)

5031207633_a4b1d9fc0c_z.jpg

Columbus @ Toledo 6:00 pm - Weber, Thad (2-0, 0.75)

2932232158_8bcbdc022e_z.jpg

Erie @ Bowie 6:35 pm - Avery, James (1-1, 3.38)

photo not available

Clearwater @ Lakeland 5:00 pm -Crouse, Matt (0-0, 0.00)

6920580410_33cdc24ec2_z.jpg

LFT double header has been cancelled due to impending storms.

Dear Flying Tigers fans,

Tonight's doubleheader vs the Clearwater Threshers has been cancelled due to impending rain. The games will not be made up.

Bright House Night will be rescheduled at a date yet to be determined. All paid tickets for tonight's game may be used for any remaining 2012 Lakeland Flying Tigers regular season home game. All comp tickets from today's game may be exchanged for the rescheduled Bright House Night only.

The Flying Tigers will return home Tuesday, April 24 for a 4-game home stand. For more information, please visit The Official Site of Minor League Baseball | Lakeland Flying Tigers Homepage or call (863) 686-8075.

Ryan Eason

Ticket Manager - Lakeland Operations

Detroit Tigers

2125 N. Lake Ave.

Lakeland, FL 33805

(863) 413-4138 (admin. office)

(863) 413-4142 (box office)

Edited by hueytaxi

Would you believe the main line of heavy storms is now breaking down into light rain with clearing behind. Of course we expect more rain later.

Garcia starting for the Mudhens because Thad Weber was called up to Detroit (Schlereth down).

Would you believe the main line of heavy storms is now breaking down into light rain with clearing behind. Of course we expect more rain later.

I'm 3 miles from TT and I can say it looked like it was going to be pretty bad about 4:15, windy, dark and temp. dropped.... then it just fizzled. :-(

I'm 3 miles from TT and I can say it looked like it was going to be pretty bad about 4:15, windy, dark and temp. dropped.... then it just fizzled. :-(
I was about ready to leave and walked in to see if Team Mom was ready and the outflow into the system pulled my laundry room door out of my hand. I thought we were in for it. TM was on the phone and learned the game was cancelled. I hurried to my laptop and all the red and yellow on the radar was suddenly gone. Haven't received a drop of rain anc currently don't see any clear to the coast.

One other note about LFT tonight for the out of towners. This was scheduled to be one of the largest crowds of the season. Any Brighthouse cable subscriber could bring their bill and the family would receive free admission. That combined with fireworks following the game insures 3-4000 in attendance. The cost of increased staffing and having to cancel as the gates were scheduled to open incurred a huge expense for the management and concessioner. I would not have anticipated an early cancellation like this.

One other note about LFT tonight for the out of towners. This was scheduled to be one of the largest crowds of the season. Any Brighthouse cable subscriber could bring their bill and the family would receive free admission. That combined with fireworks following the game insures 3-4000 in attendance. The cost of increased staffing and having to cancel as the gates were scheduled to open incurred a huge expense for the management and concessioner. I would not have anticipated an early cancellation like this.

Funny thing is that if it hadn't have been a DH with an earlier start time the game most likely would have been played. I drove by earlier and there were a bunch of things setup outside the concourse already so I'm sure it was costly to cancel.