Sign in to follow this  
lordstanley

04/20/12. WCQF Game 5. Wings @ Predators 8:00pm ET, CNBC, FSND, CBC, 97.1

out of the corner and fanning on it was Franzen.

How many shots has he fanned on this series? What the heck is wrong with him? Something has to be wrong - he's never been this inept before.

man alive. this is one of the worst playoffs series I've ever seen the Wings go through.

1-0 after 1. It was probably Filppula's best period of the series, but that's not saying much and nothing to show for it.

Can't even switch to the Tiger's game...Never thought I'd miss Draper and Maltby...but the 3rd and 4th line play which is what has always set the Wings apart, has been atrocious...Hard to believe Babcock hasn't played with the lines more...if it's not working, change things up...

So about the Wings being better than Nashville if the refs let it be 5 on 5? Preds actually outscoring the Wings 9-3 this series when 5 on 5.

This is quite possibly one of the worst periods I have ever seen the Wings play. Tons of turnovers, defensive lapses, no good scoring chances, and lack of fire. Blame goes to everyone

This is quite possibly one of the worst periods I have ever seen the Wings play. Tons of turnovers, defensive lapses, no good scoring chances, and lack of fire. Blame goes to everyone

It's up there (or rather, down there). 2nd period of Game 5 against Calgary in '04, the one that ended with Yzerman getting smacked in the face by a puck, is my standard for Wings' playoff feebleness post-NJ '95.

The guys on CBC are right, they need to get to the net. However, they need to keep the puck in the zone in the first place to able to get shots off.

How many shots has he fanned on this series? What the heck is wrong with him? Something has to be wrong - he's never been this inept before.

Even more than fanning on shots, I'll remember the Wings in this series as letting or having pucks slide off the end of their sticks. Datsyuk and Filppula especially.

It's up there (or rather, down there). 2nd period of Game 5 against Calgary in '04, the one that ended with Yzerman getting smacked in the face by a puck, is my standard for Wings' playoff feebleness post-NJ '95.

Nothing will top NJ in 95 but this is very close. Those first 2 games against Vancouver in 02 were bad, that Flames series in 04 was dreadful. This is definitely down there for sure.

One way or another, I'll have some hockey to watch next week. Daughter started ball hockey yesterday, 12 kids in the program between 5-7 years of age, 11 boys, she was the 1 girl, she turns 6 next month. Amusing. There she was racing after the puck into the corners and mixing it up in front of the net, ponytail and all, lol. Show that grit, Red Wings!!

One way or another, I'll have some hockey to watch next week. Daughter started ball hockey yesterday, 12 kids in the program between 5-7 years of age, 11 boys, she was the 1 girl, she turns 6 next month. Amusing. There she was racing after the puck into the corners and mixing it up in front of the net, ponytail and all, lol. Show that grit, Red Wings!!

I thought it was a ball. You said ball. Then you said puck. Is it a puck or is it a ball?

Which is it?

Where's Luongo gonna end up?