FRM710

Michigan Basketball 2012/2013 season

Why do you think that? I thought McGary should've gone over Hardaway.

All 3 should have left over hardaway based on draft position and guaranteed money

Why do you think that? I thought McGary should've gone over Hardaway.

Because I think there is more to the decision than taking advantage of a good draft position.

That being said, hardaway is what he is at this point.

McGary and Robinson have barely unpacked. They could both be drafted, sure, but I don't think kids should leave after one year unless they are a clear one and done type going in. And in those cases, I would prefer they play for another program.

My point is this: I don't think college should be the minor leagues for the nba (even if that is what it truly is) so I think any decision to stay is the right one, up until the point where the act of staying is likely to substantially hurt their pro prospects.

Agreed, 4/4 on making the right decisions. I don't know where Hardaway goes, but its true. He is what he is fro the most part by now. Mcgary had 6 good games and Robinson shouldn't even be a 1st rounder IMO. He has a lot of work to do, though he's a phenomenal raw talent. I bet the advisory board didn't give him good news. Mcgary is basically a poor man's Hansborough as of right now, that isn't someone I draft too high.

Most importantly, UM is stacked going into next year. Especially on the wing.

Because I think there is more to the decision than taking advantage of a good draft position.

McGary and Robinson have barely unpacked. They could both be drafted, sure, but I don't think kids should leave after one year unless they are a clear one and done type going in. And in those cases, I would prefer they play for another program.

My point is this: I don't think college should be the minor leagues for the nba (even if that is what it truly is) so I think any decision to stay is the right one, up until the point where the act of staying is likely to substantially hurt their pro prospects.

I agree on the NBA minor league comment. I really wish they would change the rules to require kids that choose college must stay at least 2, if not 3 years. Kids who don't want to go that route are free to go to Europe or the NBDL. The current system is doing for basketball what twitter is doing for literature.

I wonder if Robinson is going to get a tryout for the Team USA U19 team. The FIBA U19 world championships are in Prague, Czech Republic this summer. Tryouts/camp are in the middle of June.

I see team Canada qualified but Stauskas missed the age requirement by a few months. So he isn't eligible.

Well said.

I'd like to see a two or three year rule for those who pick College. And if someone wants to go straight to the NBA let them. But I hate one and done players. It has really hurt College bball.

Well said.

I'd like to see a two or three year rule for those who pick College. And if someone wants to go straight to the NBA let them. But I hate one and done players. It has really hurt College bball.

Has it though? I mean, believe me, I would be first in line to tell the NBA to actually fund their own minor league to a real degree, and do like baseball does where a kid either signs with a college and stays three years, or signs with the minors, but having said that, you have a ton of guys who would never have even bothered with college basketball spending at least one year.

the problem is the same as it always has been, non-students getting into schools, and the NBA not willing to pay for their own development programs in order to find out if a kid can play or not. Better to have the colleges do that weeding out for them, from the NBA's perspective.

Has it though? I mean, believe me, I would be first in line to tell the NBA to actually fund their own minor league to a real degree, and do like baseball does where a kid either signs with a college and stays three years, or signs with the minors, but having said that, you have a ton of guys who would never have even bothered with college basketball spending at least one year.

the problem is the same as it always has been, non-students getting into schools, and the NBA not willing to pay for their own development programs in order to find out if a kid can play or not. Better to have the colleges do that weeding out for them, from the NBA's perspective.

As a fan, I hate it. I loved UM's success this year, but it's hard to enjoy when you're worried 4-5 starters could leave for the NBA. Especially when three of them had no business even considering it. So I think it hurts college bball in the sense of building a consistently good program when year to year 2-3 starters younger starters could leave. I think some coaches are trying to avoid the one and done players for that reason. Maybe I am just rambling at this point, but I HATE how things are right now. I hope to see some things change.

https://twitter.com/detnewsRodBeard/status/377103222810243073

Brandon brought Cazzie Russell back for ND football game and had him on the field.
Brandon: "Cazzie said I just want to have an hour by myself in Crisler Arena to shoot baskets."
Cazzie Russell, 70+ years old, didn't want any cameras or anything; he just wanted an hour alone in Crisler...good story.

yuH5mqHKIUk

Everytime I watch this, I wonder who the camera guy was and why he was wrestling with the Funyuns during this epic shootout.