Sign in to follow this  
lordstanley

04/15/12. WCQF Game 3. Predators @Wings 12 Noon ET, NBC, CBC, 97.1

Game over. All that counts in playoff games is the final score not effort or balance of play, but nothing I've seen convinces me that the Wings can't win this series.

Game over. All that counts in playoff games is the final score not effort or balance of play, but nothing I've seen convinces me that the Wings can't win this series.

Same here. With a few bounces, they could easily be up 3-0 in the series. Rinne hasn't looked unbeatable. We've shut down their PP for the most part. Weber hasn't dominated. That said, the Wings can't wait until half way through the game to show up. If Franzen can get on a roll, I think they have a decent chance.

Been the problem for two months. They come out flat then try to play catch up. Look what happened in Game 2 when they got a lead, they played well and held it. Must score first on Tuesday or they will go back to Nashville down 3-1, no doubt in my mind there. Was good to see Pavel pick it up today. Need other guys to step up now

This is not an excuse, and I don't think for one second that it has anything to do with the loss.

BUT, why does Nashville get the first two games at home in prime time, and the Wings have to host one of theirs at noon on Sunday? That makes it awfully tough to get a nice rowdy playoff atmosphere going.

This is not an excuse, and I don't think for one second that it has anything to do with the loss.

BUT, why does Nashville get the first two games at home in prime time, and the Wings have to host one of theirs at noon on Sunday? That makes it awfully tough to get a nice rowdy playoff atmosphere going.

Yeah, it seems as if matinees neutralize home ice to an extent and usually it's the Wings playing at home for playoff matinees. Although I have a hunch it impacts the TV viewers' experience more than it does the players or the fans in the building. And I believe the Wings had a good matinee record this season.

Edited by lordstanley

I want the Filppula who had a breakthrough season to dress for the Wings on Tuesday. I haven't been able to find him so far.

I want the talent on this team to dress on Tuesday. Where is Franzen, Filppula, Bertuzzi, Lidstrom, Kronwall?! They all need to step up their games because they are the guys that have to carry this team and at the rate they are going it will be too late by the time they figure it out. These slow starts after a while have to go on coaching. Have to get the motivated to play right from the drop of the puck and if they go out in the first round, you have to question what is going on with Babcock and this staff.

The Wings of 2012 are comprised of "three big stars" plus "a bunch of pretty good" players. In other words, not unlike another 5-10 teams in the league. Of the 3 big stars, Lidstrom is 42, Datsyuk produced some magic today but doesn't seem to be at 100%, and Zetterberg has played well but is coming off a sub-par for him regular season. So the Wings can't win unless all 4 lines and 3 defense pairings play 60 minutes from now through Game 6 or 7.

Everyone's got to put aside 2008 and 2009. Yes, congrats for that they did, no one will ever take that away from them, and because of those accomplishments I'll never be vicious towards anyone from those teams. But the 2008 Cup win and the 2009 Cup finals appearance are of very little relevance in 2012. That Franzen is gone, that Lidstrom is gone, that Cleary is gone.

Yeah, it seems as if matinees neutralize home ice to an extent and usually it's the Wings playing at home for playoff matinees. Although I have a hunch it impacts the TV viewers' experience more than it does the players or the fans in the building. And I believe the Wings had a good matinee record this season.

I disagree. They ALWAYS seem to lose during the day, but I have no information to back that up. Just a feeling LOL.

All it takes is 60 minutes of consistent effort. When the Wings play hard and fast Nashville cant keep up. With that said I dont think the Wings win this series. They simply can not or will not give us 60 minutes. Thats not to say theres no hope.