Sign in to follow this  
lordstanley

04/13/12. WCQF Game 2. Wings @ Predators 7:30 pm ET, CNBC, FSND, CBC, 97.1

Well we are winning. Thought we played better in the second period of game1 than any time tonight but cant argue with the scoreboard.

Bound to happen when the puck hardly leaves your zone. Better pull thier heads out quick.

Victory!

Trashville fans showing their lack of class by throwing towels on the ice after the loss.

Gutted it out. I didnt think we played particularly well, not near as well as we did in the 2nd and 3rd periods on Wednesday, but Ill take it.

Mission completed. They got the split, now the Preds have to go to Detroit where they hold the leagues best home record.

I'm the most relaxed hockey fan in Vancouver right now, lol

Im not feeling very relaxed. The Wings arent even close to matching Nashvilles intensity. The Preds are flying all over the ice. They are playing with speed and passion and confidence. The Wings are slow everywhere on the ice. They are playing passionless scared hockey. We turn easy plays into difficult ones because we are so slow to the puck and in our decision making. Id love to see some 50/50 stats because I think the Preds are winning nearly all those pucks.And even when we dont lollygag our passing isnt very crisp and those recieving the passes dont do a very good job corraling it. Unforced errors all over the ice for Detroit. They wont win this series if that doesnt change.

Random thoughts...Liked the results of the PK, but dang were they in our zone for what seemed like forever. Can't believe they didn't get a PP goal. I thought Cleary has played his best hockey of the season. Zetterberg has been fantastic. Shocked to see Bert drop the gloves. Seems like he's been extra cautious about mixing it up, understandably so. Jimmy Howard is a bona fide playoff goalie. I hope there isn't any more question about that. Other than the end of the game dipsy doodling, Datsyuk just doesn't seem to have it. Guessing he's still not 100%. It worked out, but I was screaming at the tv when I saw Babcock put in Kyle Quincey on the 5 on 3 while Lidstrom sat on the bench. I know they want to conserve him and not put him on the PK, but come on. Nice to get a win, but they will not win the series with so few shots on goal. That has to improve. Rinne hasn't given the aura of being unbeatable in this series. He's been good, but nothing spectacular.

Random thoughts...Liked the results of the PK, but dang were they in our zone for what seemed like forever. Can't believe they didn't get a PP goal. I thought Cleary has played his best hockey of the season. Zetterberg has been fantastic. Shocked to see Bert drop the gloves. Seems like he's been extra cautious about mixing it up, understandably so. Jimmy Howard is a bona fide playoff goalie. I hope there isn't any more question about that. Other than the end of the game dipsy doodling, Datsyuk just doesn't seem to have it. Guessing he's still not 100%. It worked out, but I was screaming at the tv when I saw Babcock put in Kyle Quincey on the 5 on 3 while Lidstrom sat on the bench. I know they want to conserve him and not put him on the PK, but come on. Nice to get a win, but they will not win the series with so few shots on goal. That has to improve. Rinne hasn't given the aura of being unbeatable in this series. He's been good, but nothing spectacular.

I've read Lidstrom told Babcock that he can't be in the lane on a PK yet because of his ankle issue. That's why we aren't seeing him on the PK. Frustrating, but he needs to stay healthy.

Im not feeling very relaxed. The Wings arent even close to matching Nashvilles intensity. The Preds are flying all over the ice. They are playing with speed and passion and confidence. The Wings are slow everywhere on the ice. They are playing passionless scared hockey. We turn easy plays into difficult ones because we are so slow to the puck and in our decision making. Id love to see some 50/50 stats because I think the Preds are winning nearly all those pucks.And even when we dont lollygag our passing isnt very crisp and those recieving the passes dont do a very good job corraling it. Unforced errors all over the ice for Detroit. They wont win this series if that doesnt change.

My relaxed comment was in reference to the fact that while I got to enjoy the afterglow of a victory, 2 million around me were having seizures over the late game vs the Kings.

My biggest concern, especially in the long run, is forward depth out. Helm out. Cleary making the effort but just a matter of time before he completely breaks down. Datsyuk not the same as pre-injury and playoff hockey isn't going to make him any healthier.

The first 2 games went just how about I expected them too. So my thoughts on the series outcome haven't changed one way or the other. I went back afterwards and watched the 2nd game on delay not live. The Preds are definitely quicker to the puck, I agree no doubt about that, but all in all I think the first 2 games have been pretty even. I don't have any problem with the Wings' passion or intensity, it's that the talent levels are very close. The Wings' supposed "home ice advantage" going forward doesn't give me any comfort, just as the Preds' home ice advantage going in didn't worry me. First team to 4, in a short series you're not much more likely to win a home game than a road game. I expect the next 2 games at the Joe to be split.

But man, if the Wings can just find a way past Nashville. The Pens and Canucks are a long way from being done, IMO, but if those 2 were knocked out the Cup chase would be wide open.

Forgot you were in Vancouver. They are surely preparing for the worst parts of the bible to occur.