lordstanley

04/11/12. WCQF Game 1.Wings @ Predators 8:00 pm ET, CNBC, FSND, CBC, 97.1

HA! Knew it, no suspension for Weber, just fined $2,500.

Lame. That deserved at least a game.

I do feel like the Wings dominated the last two periods but the Predators got two fluky "playoff" goals. Wings often seem to start playoff games and series playing too European. Then they start to feel the pressure and throw pucks at the net. I'd like to see that from the opening face off.

So based on the transitive property, Todd Bertuzzi could go all Todd Bertuzzi on Weber and cheap-shot him from behind in the side of the head for the low low price of $5,000? Seems worth it at this point.

T&P, What was your view on the Weber/Zetterberg issue at the end of the game?

Busch league by Weber. Based on how Shanny has called everything else, it should have been a 1 game suspension 2 at most but for sure at least 1.

Although I have found Shanny to be rather inconsistent with his calls, I feel like he has a pinwheel that he spins and then throws a dart at.

Zetterberg should have acted like a soccer player I guess.

I would have liked to have seen the Red Wing players respond better after the whistle. Maybe they did and I didn't see it, but to see Zetterberg on one knee dazed and gasping on his own was a sad sight. And Babcock in the post-game should've stood up on this issue. I understand taking the high road, but sometimes that comes off as weak not noble. Didn't do the Wings any favors.

Not surprised he didn't get suspended. Should have been but the NHL almost always turns the other way on things like this in the playoffs.

Wings were the better team last night and need to come out and play the same way tomorrow night.