PuNk42AE

Friday April 6th - Minor League Games

Indianapolis @ Toledo 5:00 pm - Wilson, Justin (0-0) Wilk, Adam (0-0)

Erie @ Altoona 6:30 pm - Zach Segovia (0-0) Baker, Nathan (0-0)

West Michigan @ Dayton 7:00 pm - Collier, Thomas (0-0) Quezada, Radhames (0-0)

Lakeland @ Tampa 7:00 pm - Eichhorn, Kevin (0-0) Unknown

It looks like if no one shows up for outdoor volleyball tomorrow, I'll be listening to a couple of minor league games.

My sister asked me if I wanted to go on a cub scout tent sleep out at a Toledo game this year with her children. It's costs about $25 for the game, a dog and pop at the game and then a breakfast in the morning. And the kids are great. Couldn't refuse that.

My sister told me I could get a shirt before the game and I told her I have a couple of shirts, a sweatshirt and two hats. I guess she didn't believe me when I told her I go to the games semi-frequently. Kind of stoked about this outing. The park is tied with Indy's for my favorite place I like to see a game.

I agree, Toledo's park is so sweet....there are so many unique and great minor league parks within easy access !

Honestly, I enjoy the minor league parks more than the major league ones in most cases.

They have a lot of the cool stuff of the MLB parks, but still have the closeness to the action of an old park like Tiger Stadium. Really, they are the best of both worlds.

That's what makes Spring Training so fun. You get that closeness to the Major League players that you can't get in a 40K stadium.

Toledo Final over IndianPOLIS 5-1

W: Wilk (1-0, 0.00) L: Wilson (0-1, 5.40)

HR: TOL: Ciriaco (1)

Erie trailing Altoona 2-3 in the 8th

Lakeland ahead of Tampa 2-1 after 6

West Michian tied with Dayton 1-1 after 7/

Erie lost to Altoona 2-4

Westocc with the Loss (corrected with Segovia having the Loss)

Lakeland and Tampa tied at 2 all headed into the 10th

West Michigan up 2-1 in Dayton headed into the bottom of 9

Edited by hueytaxi

Toledo Final over IndianPOLIS 5-1

W: Wilk (1-0, 0.00) L: Wilson (0-1, 5.40)

HR: TOL: Ciriaco (1)

Erie trailing Altoona 2-3 in the 8th

Lakeland ahead of Tampa 2-1 after 6

West Michian tied with Dayton 1-1 after 7/

Bryan Morris struck out 4 Mudhens in the 8th inning.

The big hitters got it going today:

Castellanos 2-3 with 2 doubles and 2 BB (1 K)

Collins 3-5 with a double

Danry Vasquez 3-3 with a BB

Erie lost 2-4

Segovia with the loss.

Lakeland won 4-2

Rondon with the Win

West Michigan allowed 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th to lose 2-3.

Bennet with the loss. Casali with a HR

It looks like Lakeland is going to be running up a storm based on their first two games. Believe they have 2 SB and 4 CS so far.

Toledo Game Notes

~The crowd of 13,227 established a single game record for Fifth Third Field.

~Audy Ciriaco hit his first home run of the season.

~Adam Wilk was credited with his first win.

Toledo Game Notes

~The crowd of 13,227 established a single game record for Fifth Third Field.

~Audy Ciriaco hit his first home run of the season.

~Adam Wilk was credited with his first win.

13,000+ in a stadium that holds just over 10,000. that place must've been packed. I wonder if they started counting workers and stuff like that. I'm pretty sure U-M counts press workers in the press box. If they didn't include those workers, the standing room must've been ridiculous around the outfield fences.

13,000+ in a stadium that holds just over 10,000. that place must've been packed. I wonder if they started counting workers and stuff like that. I'm pretty sure U-M counts press workers in the press box. If they didn't include those workers, the standing room must've been ridiculous around the outfield fences.

About 5000-6000 of those 13,000 were invisible. It's like the when the Tigers claim 25,000 attend a Tuesday game in September.

The Flying Tigers game wasn't the best played game, but we came away with a win. In the first inning, Eichhorn tried to pick a runner off of first, and the throw hit the runner in the helmet and landed in the stands (first for me). Castellanos had a throwing error when he charged a high chopper. Collins should have had an error in the 9th that led to Rondons' blown save. He is running in for a shall fly ball and slides for it. Unfortunately, he mistimes his slide and the ball land in his hip area and handcuffs him. With two outs in the bottom of the ninth and the score now tied, a Tampa Yankee hits a line drive towards left field for a game winning single but Machado dove, while fully extended catching the ball about five feet off the ground, simply amazing. The team showed some guts as we quickly scored two runs in the top of the tenth, with Castellanos and Collins both doubling over the centerfielders head with two outs driving in runs. Eichhorn pitched well and don't overlook Crouse, as he got the first batter to fly out and then got five ground ball outs in a row. As for the caught stealings, the Yankees catcher is their # 9 prospect named Murphy, and his throws are on the base. Being that we were in Tampa, I wasn't near any scouts to get the release time for him but will work on that tonight as we have our home opener. We had a scary moment as while James McCann was batting, he got hit in the helmet. He layed on the ground for about four seconds, got up and went to first and was able to stay in the game. A couple of quick notes, Machado can play some "D", Perez is smooth at 2B, and Collins can flat out hit with three more last night. On the tieing run for the Yankees in the bottom of the 9th, Avisial Garcia threw an absolute laser to home but it was about three feet into the left handed batters box. McCann dove and we thought he was out but the ump called him safe. On another note, Jacob Turner traveled with the team and was in uniform leading to speculation he may pitch the home opener (he did not travel the first night).

Larry

2012 AAT Brandon Loy