Sign in to follow this  
Sports_Freak

Congratulations to Brennan Smith

Very nice!

Yes, Roger, I was pretty impressed also. Mostly because it is an award voted on by the Tiger coaches and scouts. No media or fans involved. I think they know a little more about the game than us fans or some of the biased writers. : )

And Brennan was so humble about it. Very good, polite kid.

Good for Brennan. He's a good kid and a pleasure to talk with.

I will say, as far as biased writers go.....we did give him the same award from our site way back in November....

Scout.com: 2011 TigsTown Awards: Connecticut Tigers

Oh, I meant no disrespect. It's just sometimes certain awards make no sense when the media or fans vote. Gold Glove awards are an example. But I guess it's different in the minors. And the All-Star voting for the MLB always leaves me puzzled. I'm pretty confused about this award because I read in the Free Press this morning that Drew Smyly was voted the Tigers Minor League Pitcher of the Year in his first year of pro ball. Did they mean the 2010 or 2011 season?

"Smyly was the Tigers’ minor league pitcher of the year last season in his first year of pro ball."

Tigers pitcher Drew Smyly faces major opportunity today | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

The organization gives out a Pitcher of the Year and Player of the Year award at each level of the minor league system, and then they also give out the same awards for the entire minor league system.

As an example, Brennan won the Connecticut Tigers Pitcher of the Year Award....Drew Smyly won the overall organizational award.

The organization gives out a Pitcher of the Year and Player of the Year award at each level of the minor league system, and then they also give out the same awards for the entire minor league system.

As an example, Brennan won the Connecticut Tigers Pitcher of the Year Award....Drew Smyly won the overall organizational award.

Oh, I see. Did you get a chance to see Smyly pitch in today's simulated game?

If so, how did he look? It sure is neat down here watching the Tigers. Everyone/everything is so much more accessible. I even met Lynn Henning at yesterday's game. He's a friend of the people who were sitting next to us.

Then we starting talking to a couple from Livonia. It turns out my wife works with their daughter. She took a picture of them and my wife emailed it to their daughter saying look who I ran into. Pretty funny story.

I have a whole new understanding of southern hospitality. The people are so nice and welcoming. This is a trip of a lifetime for me and I'll always remember it. But all that is for another thread. :classic:

Oh, I see. Did you get a chance to see Smyly pitch in today's simulated game?

If so, how did he look? It sure is neat down here watching the Tigers. Everyone/everything is so much more accessible. I even met Lynn Henning at yesterday's game. He's a friend of the people who were sitting next to us.

Then we starting talking to a couple from Livonia. It turns out my wife works with their daughter. She took a picture of them and my wife emailed it to their daughter saying look who I ran into. Pretty funny story.

I have a whole new understanding of southern hospitality. The people are so nice and welcoming. This is a trip of a lifetime for me and I'll always remember it. But all that is for another thread. :classic:

Sorry we missed you. Mark was not there, but Paul from Tigstown was. I understand Linda and husband have already departed.