Sign in to follow this  
lordstanley

Scoreboard Watching

By far the game I care most about now is Phoenix'. I want them to win the Pacific and give either the Canucks or Blues a tough 1st round matchup against the Sharks.

Would also like to see Florida gain a point to win the Southeast division.

Stamkos gets 60! Malkin got 50 earlier. No one else in the league scored more than 41. And I heard that 48 of Stamkos' goals were at even strength, which if true is quite amazing.

Panthers and Coyotes might both be on way to division titles. Florida, needing just a point to clinch the Southeast, leads Carolina 3-1 with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd. Phoenix, needing a win to clinch, leads Minnesota 3-1 headed into the 3rd. I believe a point also will be enough for Phoenix to win the division as long as L.A. does not beat San Jose in regulation.

With Phoenix' win, 6 of 8 matchups are now set.

Rangers host Ottawa. Boston hosts Washington. Florida hosts New Jersey. Pittsburgh hosts Philadelphia. Phoenix hosts Chicago. Nashville hosts Detroit.

Thanks for keeping me informed lstan.

I can't believe NYR lost and opened up things for Van in terms of Presidents Trophy. Surely we'll choke against the Oil.

Surely we'll choke against the Oil.

You better not. I want the Canucks to finish 1st because I'm expecting at least one 1st round upset so that the Wings can avoid the Canucks until the 3rd round. The Wings and Canucks are the two most dangerous teams in the conference, both teams having firepower yet able to lock things down. My dream scenario with 2 games left tonight would be for Vancouver and St. Louis to finish 1-2 and for San Jose and Los Angeles to finish 7-8. I'm pretty confident that either Chicago would beat Phoenix or San Jose would beat St. Louis.

You better not. I want the Canucks to finish 1st because I'm expecting at least one 1st round upset so that the Wings can avoid the Canucks until the 3rd round. The Wings and Canucks are the two most dangerous teams in the conference, both teams having firepower yet able to lock things down. My dream scenario with 2 games left tonight would be for Vancouver and St. Louis to finish 1-2 and for San Jose and Los Angeles to finish 7-8. I'm pretty confident that either Chicago would beat Phoenix or San Jose would beat St. Louis.

The Wings are behind Vancouver, St Louis and Nashville in the teams to be feared category.

Bring on Hongbit's Kings. Not my first choice, but excited nonetheless for playoff hockey.