CCR-JV Verlander

Blue Border Walmart

84 Fister

164 Jackson

Red Border Target

44 Verlander

224 Avila

Edited by davidsb

Like Los Gatos said yesterday, which 2012 Topps Heritage Tiger card resembles these:

74-578Fr.jpg74-316Fr.jpg

Also there's these in the base as well:

2 AL Batting Leaders (Cabrera/Martinez pictured)

6 AL ERA Leaders (Verlander/Fister pictured)

8 AL Pitching Leaders (Verlander pictured)

10 AL Pitching Leaders (Verlander pictured)

169 Luis Marte (Rookie Stars)

299 Luis Marte (Rookie Stars) (not sure why he's on 2 different cards or if this correct)

Bought a blaster this morning. Pulled a Porcello and Boesch base, hit 2 short prints and a Ian Kennedy Clubhouse Relic (1:57)

Also there's these in the base as well:

169 Luis Marte (Rookie Stars)

299 Luis Marte (Rookie Stars) (not sure why he's on 2 different cards or if this correct)

Good catch. He is definately on both cards. #169 he is on top left, #299 he is on bottom left. Only Topps!!

Great to see Marte get a card. Hopefully we'll also see him in Series 2 of the regular set. Wilk and Below, too.

Prince has 2 cards in Heritage - apparently there are "image swap" variations this year.

Cabrera and Verlander have these variations also. They are going on eBay for $20-25 each right now. I bought a Hobby box last night and pulled a Cliff Lee image swap variation.

Does anyone know what a "box loader" card is???

It is a three card panel with an advertisement on the back. Waste of cardboard in my opinion, would rather get a chrome card or something.

It is a three card panel with an advertisement on the back. Waste of cardboard in my opinion, would rather get a chrome card or something.

So, a "single" card would really be one cut off of two other cards???

Yeah, but don't cut 'em if you want to be able to resell. Agree with David, those things are cumbersome and hard to store.

Answer: Prince and the big D on his cap!! HA!

$(KGrHqR,!o!E9c-70nskBP(6q(EH(g~~60_12.JPG

Holy Crap, that's one big D!

I picked up some Heritage Tigers singles today at a show. Why don't Turner, Dirks and Al Al have the rookie logo? I know it's on their 2011 regular-set cards, but I thought it went by first card in each set. Kind of on that topic, I've found it strange that Avila's first regular-set Topps card (2009) doesn't have the rookie logo.

Edited by Los Gatos

That makes sense, and would explain the Tiger rookies from last year, but there are a lot of guys in '12 Topps and '12 Heritage with the rookie logo who debuted last season. Lawrie's Heritage card actually has both the rookie logo and the rookie cup logo, which I don't recall seeing before (both on one card). Maybe it's either their debut season, or the next season if they didn't have a card in their debut season. Montero, Moore, Milone, etc, weren't in the '11 Update release like the Tiger rookies were. They debuted in '11, but their rookie logos are on the '12 cards.

Bingo. If their debut was in 2011 but didn't have a card, they will get the logo in 2012 I believe. This happened to Andrew Miller, for example, who debuted in 2006, but had his first card in 2007 Topps Series 1, and had rookie logos in all subsequent releases that year.

The result is that some players will have substantially fewer rookie cards, which will be notable if they develop into stars. Alex Avila (2010 Bowman Draft, Sterling) and Jacob Turner (late 2011 releases) both come to mind in contrast to Austin Jackson, e.g., who had a bevy of rookie cards released throughout 2010.